Home

Madden NFL 13 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #113
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Q&A

hows the weather on ccm? more snow this year?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #114
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 13 Retail: Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Thanks for answering the questions and im sorry, I should have been clearer in regards the the receiver/defender question. I meant after you pass down field, is there a way to move the camera closer to the receiver that I just passed to?

Two more questions -

1) I'm going to assume that if a player has a position change in reality, you guys can move that player yourself for the next roster update. For example, as a 49ers fan, RG Alex Boone is going to be the starter but if Staley/Davis gets injured, he'll move to the LT or RT spot for the time being. Since im pretty sure that you guys have the ability to move players from position to position at free will, shouldnt it be easy to implement for us players too?

2) On the depth chart, have you guys ever considered eliminating the extra spots? For example, the 49ers have four QB's on their roster which means that their should be four spots on the depth chart at QB. For FB, the 49ers have one FB (Bruce Miller) on their roster, yet there's three slots on the depth chart with the second and third stringers being backup TE's. Any chance that future Maddens will have the depth chart match the players at each position? In other words, four QB's, four slots on the depth chart...one FB, one slot on the depth chart.

Quite honestly, if the player position requirements were removed and that depth chart problem removed, not being able to edit player positions wouldnt be as big of an issue as it could turn out to be once the regular season starts.

Thank you for answering my questions. I greatly appreciate it.
ok I see. That is something we can look into for the future.

#1. Yes we can make global updates to rosters. The problem is when we give everyone the option to edit, it creates synchronization errors, which results in disconnects and connectivity issues.

#2. I actually had an idea regarding the depth chart over on the gamechangers site. Its in the top 15 so you should be able to find it and give some feedback.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #115
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
#1. Yes we can make global updates to rosters. The problem is when we give everyone the option to edit, it creates synchronization errors, which results in disconnects and connectivity issues.
Amazing. Many of us have wanted a more detailed reason why since back in late May...and this is the first time anyone has given such an answer. The issue is decidedly per online, but with offline/online forged from the same base code, this completely makes sense it has to be a "global" fix. Thank you for finally being the one to reveal this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #116
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
hows the weather on ccm? more snow this year?
you should see more realistic weather in Connected Careers than previous
Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #117
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
1. When creating a player for CCM, can you input the amount of years he has already been in the league or must all created players be rookies?

2. We've all heard that players in an upcoming draft can back out of the draft at the last minute and go back to college. My question is, does the game remember these players and bring them back the following year in the draft? Or are they just forgotten about never to be heard from again like generic storylines?
#1. They must all be rookies, although you do get to choose how old the player is.

#2. I will have to check on this with Josh.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #118
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Seriously still wondering about Play Now Mode, as no one has been answering.

Can you play "Super Bowl" in play now like you could last year?

Can you save edited rosters that don't reset to default and can be used in play now mode?

Those two things, if possible will likely quiet many users who are dying for a customizable experience per all the editing not allowed in CCM.
-Only in Madden Moments.

-There is no way to edit rosters in Madden 13
Old 08-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #119
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
1. I've noticed in the retail videos that Arian Foster doesn't have his real face scanned in the game. With the studio intros now that show players up close, I feel that is more important than ever to have as many real faces in the game as possible.

So, could a face scan be added into the game for a star player like Foster through a roster update or a patch, or is that not possible?

2. I've also noticed some players still have silhouettes or out of date portraits(Steve Johnson-Bills comes to mind) Can these be player portraits be updated through roster updates or patches also?
#1. I've noticed the same with Matt Flynn. I will add this to my list to check

#2. Another tough one. I know His NFLPA is updated, https://www.nflplayers.com/Player/Steve-Johnson/2673/
Old 08-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #120
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
1. I've noticed in the retail videos that Arian Foster doesn't have his real face scanned in the game. With the studio intros now that show players up close, I feel that is more important than ever to have as many real faces in the game as possible.

So, could a face scan be added into the game for a star player like Foster through a roster update or a patch, or is that not possible?

2. I've also noticed some players still have silhouettes or out of date portraits(Steve Johnson-Bills comes to mind) Can these be player portraits be updated through roster updates or patches also?
I would like to know as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »