Home

Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

This is a discussion on Toughest potential team to run a CCM with within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Rookie

goduke30's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

Quote:
Originally Posted by machzara24
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were as to what team would be the toughest to turn into a contender in the next few years. Looking at current rosters and draft picks a few teams come to mind. Redskins hurt themselves by not having a 1st round pick the next few years, but they have some talent already surrounding RG3. I feel it may be the Browns or Jaguars. They both have a couple key pieces to build your CCM around, but it will take a few years. Whats everybodies thoughts?
I think the jaguars, cardinals, titans, dolphins are toughest for the fact that its decision you have to make to start or QB or rebuild other positions so it will take a while to get to the playoffs in the 3rd year in while colts, redskins, vikings only need minor rebuilding and could be in the playoffs in the 1st year of the connected careers.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins, Bills look to be the teams with the least going for them if you want a team with a bad QB situation.

Tanny and Bradford aren't permanent solutions at this moment in my opinion, but you could make the argument for them.

So I guess by usual standards that leaves the Cards and Bills which are so much easier rebuilds than we've seen in past years. NFL Teams stop managing so well so we can build up crappy teams! lol
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

I think the Browns are easily the dog this year. Sorry Browns fans. I hated that you guys drafted an older QB. How did Chris Weinke do in the NFL?

Other teams to rebuild are probably the Chiefs, and Dolphins. Both need some work and aren't playoff contenders.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
I think the Browns are easily the dog this year. Sorry Browns fans. I hated that you guys drafted an older QB. How did Chris Weinke do in the NFL?

Other teams to rebuild are probably the Chiefs, and Dolphins. Both need some work and aren't playoff contenders.
The Factory of Sadness is always in operation. The beauty of it is that I plan on building this team from the ground up. There are a lot of solid pieces with Haden, Taylor, Jackson and Sheard on defense.

Now Trent Richardson, Josh Gordon and a couple decent OLine guys?... It will take a couple seasons, but at least it won't be dreadful.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
The Factory of Sadness is always in operation. The beauty of it is that I plan on building this team from the ground up. There are a lot of solid pieces with Haden, Taylor, Jackson and Sheard on defense.

Now Trent Richardson, Josh Gordon and a couple decent OLine guys?... It will take a couple seasons, but at least it won't be dreadful.
At least you won't have a perfect preseason followed by a perfect season like my Lions. 4-0 preseason followed by 0-16 regular season.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8

Yea Browns have good pieces to work with. T-Rich with a Far from bad OL and pieces on defense. It is just filling the rest of the roster and getting depth.
Colts just really have Luck and Angerer. I dont really like D.Brown, Wayne only has 2 years at most, Collie is concussion-proned. But Hilton and both rookie TEs, can be some weapons to throw too. Angerer is the only real projected longtime player on the defense. Basically have to get a whole front 7 to fit a 3-4 front 7. And the Secondary is that good.

Jags is a good choice, but not the top rebuilding team. You'll mostly have Blackmon and MJD on offense. DL is solid if Branch works out. Defense isnt bad, if you get WLB and improve Secondary. Really it is just QB, WR depth, Secondary.

Cards on Offense is just OL, QB, and TE. Dockett, D.Washington, PP, and A.Wilson are good pieces to work with. Other than that everyone else is replaceable.

Vikings is a good choice. Outside of AP, Kalil, Harvin, and Rudolph, offense needs more. LB as a group is okay/good. Williams & Allen is getting older and Secondary is bad.

Last edited by illwill10; 08-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yea Browns have good pieces to work with. T-Rich with a Far from bad OL and pieces on defense. It is just feeling the rest of the roster and getting depth.
Colts just really have Luck and Angerer. I dont really like D.Brown, Wayne only has 2 years at most, Collie is concussion-proned. But Hilton and both rookie TEs, can be some weapons to throw too. Angerer is the only real projected longtime player on the defense. Basically have to get a whole front 7 to fit a 3-4 front 7. And the Secondary is that good.

Jags is a good choice, but not the top rebuilding team. You'll mostly have Blackmon and MJD on offense. DL is solid if Branch works out. Defense isnt bad, if you get WLB and improve Secondary. Really it is just QB, WR depth, Secondary.

Cards on Offense is just OL, QB, and TE. Dockett, D.Washington, PP, and A.Wilson are good pieces to work with. Other than that everyone else is replaceable.

Vikings is a good choice. Outside of AP, Kalil, Harvin, and Rudolph, offense needs more. LB as a group is okay/good. Williams & Allen is getting older and Secondary is bad.
Plus a really tough conference, that the Vikings are clearly behind everyone else in talent.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Plus a really tough conference, that the Vikings are clearly behind everyone else in talent.
They are closely matched with Browns as the toughest since tough division and the lack of talent outside some starters. Vikings just have better starters at Brown's strengths(QB, RB, WR) beside Haden and Jackson.

Compared to Jags and Colts, those 2 would be tougher because the tougher division. With Jags and Colts the only true competitor in division is Houston. TENN isnt bad, but wont be a contender any time soon. NFC&AFC North are both 3 Team Division. So if the best team slips up, the other teams might not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »