Home

Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

This is a discussion on Toughest potential team to run a CCM with within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were as to what team would be the toughest to turn into a contender in the next few years. Looking at current rosters and draft picks a few teams come to mind. Redskins hurt themselves by not having a 1st round pick the next few years, but they have some talent already surrounding RG3. I feel it may be the Browns or Jaguars. They both have a couple key pieces to build your CCM around, but it will take a few years. Whats everybodies thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Toughest potential team to run a CCM with

Quote:
Originally Posted by machzara24
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were as to what team would be the toughest to turn into a contender in the next few years. Looking at current rosters and draft picks a few teams come to mind. Redskins hurt themselves by not having a 1st round pick the next few years, but they have some talent already surrounding RG3. I feel it may be the Browns or Jaguars. They both have a couple key pieces to build your CCM around, but it will take a few years. Whats everybodies thoughts?
In my opinion, this is the first Madden in years where there is no clear cut "loser" that just takes years and years to build.

You have a few options (WAS, MIA, JAX, IND) that could take a few years to see results, but all have at least one player to build around and/or solid defensive units to help with potential offensive struggles.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

That was exactly my thought as well. Usually there is that one team that you know is going to be tough to really get up there. But almost every team has 1 or 2 great pieces to build around
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I have to say the Colts, though they have Andrew Luck. Reggie Wayne is getting old, they need a running back, and defense needs help.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I have to say the Colts, though they have Andrew Luck. Reggie Wayne is getting old, they need a running back, and defense needs help.
See, this is the logical answer and I agree with you - but it goes against everything I believe as a career mode junkie. If I take over a team, it damn well better be a team I can draft the franchise QB of in the first two seasons.

There just aren't many teams that are truly awful AND don't have a young QB in the wings.

The Chiefs need a QB, but they're solid if not stacked at many of the most important positions.

Buffalo could use work, but Fitzpatrick has a big contract you'd have to ride out or face a big cap hit.

Even the perennial favorite in Cleveland has a lot of potential in Madden NFL 13. It's a tough year to rebuild anyone immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
See, this is the logical answer and I agree with you - but it goes against everything I believe as a career mode junkie. If I take over a team, it damn well better be a team I can draft the franchise QB of in the first two seasons.

There just aren't many teams that are truly awful AND don't have a young QB in the wings.

The Chiefs need a QB, but they're solid if not stacked at many of the most important positions.

Buffalo could use work, but Fitzpatrick has a big contract you'd have to ride out or face a big cap hit.

Even the perennial favorite in Cleveland has a lot of potential in Madden NFL 13. It's a tough year to rebuild anyone immediately.
Exactly. When I take over a football team, I want to completely rebuild them. Especially QB.

Last year was a good year. Washington was the team to rebuild. Besides LB, you could basically target every team. Most of the bad teams have young QBs and some good pieces.

Only team that comes close to a full rebuild is Colts(which I plan to coach). I like to scout QBs and draft the Franchise QB. But outside of QB, it is pretty much a full rebuild. Dont have any playmakers on offense and transitioning to 3-4. Freeney & Mathis probably only has 2-3 years left, so you can trade them for some picks. They also have 30+ mil in Cap SPace.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Rookie

I'd say Cleveland. Their rookie QB is almost 30. They do have an elite young LT and CB and of course Richardson though.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25

I agree with you here. There's no real dog this year. I've decided to go the route of the Seahawks. Not a difficult rebuild but its a team that doesn't have a clear cut #1 quarterback or a high draft pick at the position already in place. If I retire Carroll after the first year and create his replacement, its not out of the realm of possibility that all three wouldn't be back which will set me up to draft a guy early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »