Home

"The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13

This is a discussion on "The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
Rookie

rpelas1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: "The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13

Fullbacks are awesome. I like big blockers, don't care if they can run or catch.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
My opinion, the fullback figure died when Jerome Bettis & Mike Alstott retired. I rarely see any run the ball anymore. Some occasionally catch. I rarely use Jed Collins. I put Darren Sproles in and run FB pass routes in Shotgun while keeping Thomas or Ivory to block. May be cheating but zone rarely covers FBs. Why not put Sproles there. ;p
Bettis wasn't a FB. Part of the reason St. Louis traded him.

Anyway I like to use athletic FB's like Reece, Robinson, Tolbert, McClain, Hester, Kuhn, Jones, etc. I like to use playaction rollouts and look to hit the fullback in the flats. Once in a while I line them up as the I-back in short yardage situations and let them move the pile. As a former fullback myself, I always like to give the dogs a bone once in a while.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #11
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Marcel Reece is the real deal. He used to play wide receiver in college, then converted to fullback in the pros. Definitely a player who makes it worth getting the fullback involved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #12
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1

I wish I could be a Fullback in Connected Careers. That is, make myself as a FB. But from what I've seen it isn't an option. Alstott was one of my childhood idols so I wanted to ressurect the position. Also, seeing John Conner blow dudes up was awesome. It seemed like such a good fit, the IE engine and being a fullback 'superstar'. But I can't
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Old 08-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #13
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

I wouldn't be surprised if a team in a few years does great things going for a power football offense again. Just need the defenses to specialize in smaller faster linebackers in order to stop the pass. Just like how Tight ends are becoming the go to weapon.

Full backs will return!

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've got Greg Jones aka David Banner and he'll always get some use out of me. I don't know if I'd play CC with one but definitely will utilize him in the red zone or short distance for first down situations.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Are we still forced to carry a FB in Madden. I never understood why we had minimums on roster spots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Great thread! It's my favorite position in Madden. I love the I Formation, power running and balanced passing attack to all 5 receivers.

I have to have one who can catch, nothing drives me crazier than to hit my FB in the flat wide open and have him drop the pass with his manos de piedra.

So what I normally do is sort the free agent FBs by CTH and then find one near the top that has a good RBK rating. This thread has me interested in trying out Marcel Reece this year to see what I can do with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »