Home

"The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13

This is a discussion on "The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: "The Dying Breed" - Using the Fullback in Madden 13

I'll be running Walsh's WCO book this year with KC. Hillis at FB will be deadly in that offense with Charles at HB.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I forgot to mention it in my original post, but I also look forward to using the Chargers this year in CCM because I can run a two fullback system with Le'Ron McClain and Jacob Hester. McClain for running and blocking, Hester for receiving on passing downs.

I'll run with the Chargers after my CCM with Jon Connor as my FB. Or... maybe I'll start with the Chargers, trade for Connor, and run a crazy three fullback system.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5

I LOVE using the fullback. It's important in my offensive scheme.

I drafted one after my first year of our online franchise last year... he was 83 overall - BEAST blocker.

Went on to win the Super Bowl that season. He progressed to 89 overall. Won the Super Bowl again! Progressed to 94 overall.

The guy was an absolute monster. Pancake, run up field and take on another block. So many 3-4 yard gains turned into 20 yard gains because of him.

Fullbacks = Old school football

Love it.
5 Teams Still Available For Madden 2013
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #20
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I actually used the fullback a lot in Madden 12 and will continue to do so in M13. I like using them as check downs in my passing game, and sometimes, if the full back is talented enough, he'll break tackles and make the play into a good gain. I don't use too many FB runs though. In my online CCM, I coach the Bucs, and am thinking of starting Doug Martin and running back and using Blount as a fullback. John Kuhn was a beast for me in Madden 12. Signed him in ythe offseason in my Panthers franchise, and used him more than some of my receivers.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

I love a mix of the runner and receiver, mostly receiver. Dangerous secret weapon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 17

From what I've seen on the demo fullbacks blocking is much improved. In M12 for some reason Vonta went to tackle the Free Safety instead of ILB that was going after rice, now they are doing mostly what they are supposed to.

So yeh Vonta Leach will play a big role in my online CCMs, I'm not moving away from power running to no huddle (No huddle is forbidden in the league anyway )

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 08-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

I like them to lead block and to catch the ball when no one is open. I rarely ever run with them though.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #24
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Great thread!

One of the principals of Madden gameplay is playing the game the way John Madden would...

Seems there's always been a "benefit" to playing with a power run / vertical style offence...

As a result, the FB is (has been) a major contributor when running between the tackles as a lead blocker...

He's also great in the red zone as a play action outlet...

Lastly, once or twice a game, the FB has been $$$ in converting a short yardage first down...esp. in the second half...seems the CPU "forgets" to look for him to do that by then...

The FB may be a "Dying Breed" in the NFL, but if this year's Madden shares the same core gameplay principles as past iterations, the FB will still be a valuable part of your offence...esp. when used as described...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »