Home

How is Megatron still JOHNSON Jr.?

This is a discussion on How is Megatron still JOHNSON Jr.? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How is Megatron still JOHNSON Jr.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Really, why is this a big deal?
Exactly, it's not as if Madden is trying to actually be a legit NFL sim, LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
They used to have Bryant Johnson on the roster, which is why they added "Jr." to Calvin a few years ago. But he's not on the team anymore.

And it's really not that confusing having two players with the same last name. They still wear different numbers.
Never overestimate the intelligence of the Madden fan who does not watch NFL games, lol.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

If it wasn't for Madden, I would never have known that Calvin was a "Jr.". I've never once seen it published in any text anywhere. I am a HARDCORE Lions' fan and read about Calvin daily... never heard his "Jr." mentioned.

As for the fact that Bryant Johnson used to be on the team, the NFL has typically added the abbreviated first letter of the first name in these cases... i.e. "C.Johnson". But the league did away with that, so when Calvin and Bryant played together, both jerseys simply said "Johnson".
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

One it's really not a big deal that it says Jr. I'm sure Calvin would rather it say that anyway because I remember him stating he wanted to put jr. on the back of his jersey but the team will not pay for changes like that so he would have to pay for the jerseys. So get over it lol
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #45
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
The reason they have Johnson Jr is so the casual fans know which Johnson to throw the ball to most often. If I am correct the Lions have another receiver with the same last name, so Madden roster guru wanted to differentiate it for Madden fans.
Yeah this makes sense. Wouldn't want the players throwing the ball to Nate Burleson-Johnson, Titus Young-Johnson, Croyles-Johnson, Osgood-Johnson, Best-Johnson, Smith-Johnson, Pettigrew-Johnson, Scheffler-Johnson, or any other Johnson on the Lions. THERE AREN'T ANY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Never overestimate the intelligence of the Madden fan who does not watch NFL games, lol.
smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsLions
If it wasn't for Madden, I would never have known that Calvin was a "Jr.". I've never once seen it published in any text anywhere. I am a HARDCORE Lions' fan and read about Calvin daily... never heard his "Jr." mentioned.

As for the fact that Bryant Johnson used to be on the team, the NFL has typically added the abbreviated first letter of the first name in these cases... i.e. "C.Johnson". But the league did away with that, so when Calvin and Bryant played together, both jerseys simply said "Johnson".
Exactly which isn't the case anymore. There is only one Johnson on the Lions team altogether now. http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster.html

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekambas91m
One it's really not a big deal that it says Jr. I'm sure Calvin would rather it say that anyway because I remember him stating he wanted to put jr. on the back of his jersey but the team will not pay for changes like that so he would have to pay for the jerseys. So get over it lol
I am sure after his nice contract extension this offseason that money isn't an issue for him.

If he really wanted it on his jersey the Lions franchise would JUMP for him. Plus all the people who bought the regular jersey that would buy the Johnson Jr. jersey for the authenticity of it would make up for it.

BOLDED PART - Assuming you mean the jerseys for sale. If that was the case they would still have Kevin Jones, Joey Harrington and others on the team since they wouldn't want to lose the money of jersey sales.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #47
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekambas91m
If the game didn't cost $60, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #48
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
I am sure after his nice contract extension this offseason that money isn't an issue for him.

If he really wanted it on his jersey the Lions franchise would JUMP for him. Plus all the people who bought the regular jersey that would buy the Johnson Jr. jersey for the authenticity of it would make up for it.

BOLDED PART - Assuming you mean the jerseys for sale. If that was the case they would still have Kevin Jones, Joey Harrington and others on the team since they wouldn't want to lose the money of jersey sales.
There is probably more to it. He may want Jr on his jersey but I'm sure he would have to pay for all the consumer jersey's to change his name. AP wanted to change his number and it was going to cost around 1 million dollars to buy out all the consumer jerseys so its not just the NFL and the team its also Nike now but it is also Reebok wanting money as well.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »