Home

Gamespot Madden 13 Review

This is a discussion on Gamespot Madden 13 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Gamespot Madden 13 Review

For what it's worth my friend said the same thing about on the field gameplay, that he didn't notice a difference. I think he's insane but it's an opinion that a few people have so maybe some people are keying in on completely different things in the game? Or maybe they just have rose colored glasses about 2012 and haven't played it in a while?

I'm pretty sure if they played 13 for a week and tried to go back they'd notice something big.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 49

I thought the review score was right on the money. there is no way this game is a 8 or higher. It is the best Madden this generation, but that doesn't make it a 9 or 10.

We all know the flaws, and all the broken elements, why is anyone surprised here?

Madden is what we thought it was.... a 7.5
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I thought the review score was right on the money. there is no way this game is a 8 or higher. It is the best Madden this generation, but that doesn't make it a 9 or 10.

We all know the flaws, and all the broken elements, why is anyone surprised here?

Madden is what we thought it was.... a 7.5
No, way, strongly disagree with you on this. I don't have the game , yet, so, I'm not scoring it, yet, but really, uses the word animations, and no physics or infinity engine word, and you trust the score?

Did you read the review?

Doesn't work for me with the biggest upgrade the game had this year.

Last edited by roadman; 08-24-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Really, after reading the article, did you see the words, Infinity and Engine? That is why it smells fishy.

When they don't mention one of the biggest upgrades of the game, no reason for me to consider anything about that review.

Totally agree with you last paragraph.
None of the reviews mention any missing features either.While I think the 7.5 is low, he does say it's the best yet... the ai is what makes the game feel the same.

I almost choked when he mentioned BackBreaker.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

He literally complained about a football bouncing unpredictably and said that more animations isn't necessarily good. He didn't really go into much detail either it wasn't a very good review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Rookie

EagleBurn's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a good feeling this Gamespot.com editor hasn't followed a whole football season his entire life, more-or-less keep up with Madden. It really does seem like he played one (maybe two) games, and then thought he could get away with the generic "EA is milking their sports game" review, and no one will ask questions. Not this year, buddy. He didn't even say the word, "Infinity" in the whole review. That's like not mentioning Manning in a Super Bowl 46 game summary. It shows completely how this review is bogus and made only for page hits.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
None of the reviews mention any missing features either.While I think the 7.5 is low, he does say it's the best yet... the ai is what makes the game feel the same.

I almost choked when he mentioned BackBreaker.
I did notice a few mention them missing, though.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Now, way, strongly disagree with you on this. I don't have the game , yet, so, I'm not scoring it, yet, but really, uses the word animations, and no physics or infinity engine word, and you trust the score?

Did you read the review?

Doesn't work for me with the biggest upgrade the game had this year.
lol, I agree with you on that one. First thing I noticed is no infinity engine in the pro/con list. It was a little out of touch, I won't disagree on that either. Not the best read to say it nicely.

I do agree with the score though. I'm not a big one for needing new CCM type modes. I just want to play a great game of football on the field, with some form of multi season mode. So my review would be bias to gameplay/ on the field play tbh.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »