Home

Gamespot Madden 13 Review

This is a discussion on Gamespot Madden 13 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Gamespot Madden 13 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjciv
What is there to mention about the engine. It really doesnt affect the gameplay much at all, especially before contact. Even after contact, it is anything special yet.
100% agreed. If EA hadn't been hyping Infinity Engine, I wouldn't even know they had a new engine in the game. On the field, its the same ol same ol.

And roadman, again, disagreed. I've been watching QB's shake defenders going back to Madden 10 when I started playing on this generation, and even further back last gen on that other game that shall not be named. QB's shrugging tackles isn't new to me.

And the rest of Infinity Engine? Meh, color me unimpressed. I see no changes on field of significance. I see a nice new occurance every once in awhile, but hardly any regularity to be impressed by it. And the motion of players has become more cartoony and arcadey than ever. I really don't see any issue with this review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I just tried to cut across the back of the defensive line with my DE and tripped over my DT's feet, falling head over heels as the ball was hiked.

But hey, same ol' same ol'

It all looks the same when your eyes are closed so tight.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

McShea hates EA. I'm positive his review of the game is a little biased. I haven't played the retail version yet but I've played the demo 10 or 12 times (All-pro/Very Slow/thresh 85/) and I think it's great, but from everything I've read here from OS that has had the game and still reading up on the season ticket holders gripes with CCM player development and whatnot, It sounds like at least an 8 maybe even an 8.5 especially if you compare it to this whole gen of previous maddens. But what Madden could be or should be at this point as a representation of football gaming easily deserves a 7.5.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I disagree.

In the demo, on two different occasions, a LB or DL came at the QB, and the QB shrugged them off both times.

In past versions, that would be a sack or a wounded duck throw.

I've seen ball carries stumble for extra yardage, I've seen ball carries stumble over lineman's feet.

That doesn't affect game play?
IMHO, it does, but not enough. It needs more. I expect next year to be the one. Ill still be playing the game, but Im not buying it this year.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #45
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
http://www.gamespot.com/madden-nfl-1...eview-6393175/

This review seems fishy to me, he says it's the same game basically? I mean if you don't like it or don't see enough improvement that is one thing, but to say it's the same game? I don't get it
Gamespot is friggin worthless now guys. Why even go to that site? However, there s some truth to some of the criticism. You can still cheese the game in the same old ways. The football in the game is still shallow. But it's getting closer and closer...

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 08-25-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
100% agreed. If EA hadn't been hyping Infinity Engine, I wouldn't even know they had a new engine in the game. On the field, its the same ol same ol.

And roadman, again, disagreed. I've been watching QB's shake defenders going back to Madden 10 when I started playing on this generation, and even further back last gen on that other game that shall not be named. QB's shrugging tackles isn't new to me.

And the rest of Infinity Engine? Meh, color me unimpressed. I see no changes on field of significance. I see a nice new occurance every once in awhile, but hardly any regularity to be impressed by it. And the motion of players has become more cartoony and arcadey than ever. I really don't see any issue with this review.
There are definitely some changes, but the game has so many problems that areof more significance and should have been fixed first IMHO. IE was not ready for this year, and it shows.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 5

Gamespot doesn't throw out high rating on the regular like IGN. IGN gives every madden a good rating regardless. They even gave Madden 07 on 360 an 8.5 and we all know it was crap.

Gamespots review was on point. Reading the review It's hard to disagree with any of the points he made.

The game still has the same issues it's had since 07 and it seems like teh devs just continue to ignore them year after year.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408

To each their own Franchise.

No one can deny the features he left out of the games review. Physics, passing trajectories, read and react defense, etc.....

Sorry, leaving out the steak and potatoes of a 5 course steak dinner is not acceptable to me.

That's what I'm focusing on.

No problems with people agreeing with his score, just that he left out important features which could be weighed into the review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »