Home

Gamespot Madden 13 Review

This is a discussion on Gamespot Madden 13 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #49
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Gamespot Madden 13 Review

Most accurate review score, if you ask me. Nothing really impresses with this game.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #50
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
McShea hates EA. I'm positive his review of the game is a little biased. I haven't played the retail version yet but I've played the demo 10 or 12 times (All-pro/Very Slow/thresh 85/) and I think it's great, but from everything I've read here from OS that has had the game and still reading up on the season ticket holders gripes with CCM player development and whatnot, It sounds like at least an 8 maybe even an 8.5 especially if you compare it to this whole gen of previous maddens. But what Madden could be or should be at this point as a representation of football gaming easily deserves a 7.5.
Then he hates everybody. No, I just think he thinks every sports game should cater to monkeys instead of sports fanatics. He does have a thing for games that have fewer bugs. Balance and authenticity take more of a back seat.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Gamespot doesn't throw out high rating on the regular like IGN. IGN gives every madden a good rating regardless. They even gave Madden 07 on 360 an 8.5 and we all know it was crap.

Gamespots review was on point. Reading the review It's hard to disagree with any of the points he made.

The game still has the same issues it's had since 07 and it seems like teh devs just continue to ignore them year after year.
That's the thing- I normally agree with his gripes. It's how he weighs them when we differ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Gamespot Madden 13 Review

Like I posted yesterday I think the review is spot on. But I like the point someone else made here - most of these reviews are meant for casual gamers, not really big sports gamers like everyone on this board.

I think most casual non-sports gamers wouldn't even know what IE is and even if he mentioned it on the review, they still would have no idea what it did even if it was explained well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »