Home

No CPU vs. CPU in Madden 13

This is a discussion on No CPU vs. CPU in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #57
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: No CPU vs. CPU in Madden 13

First somebody needs to explain to EA what coach mode REALLY IS. The way they have it in Madden isn't TRUE coach mode, it is just auto pass from broadcast view. Which in itself leaves a sour taste in my mouth because the human controlled team QB don't even scramble at all in Coach Mode. Instead he just takes sack after sack after sack. Coach Mode is what the name implies, you are the coach, you call plays and that is it. No other human interaction other then hiking the ball.

And for them to have legendary coaches in the game and you can't even coach mode with them in Connected Careers is just wrong.

This is baffling......

How is it the NCAA team knows what coach mode is and have it done correctly, but the Madden don't ?

How is it the Madden team have fluid animations, CPU AI that use their special moves a lot but the NCAA team don't have it in their game ?

But yet they both in the same building......Not that far apart from each other. What is the point of having a central game play team if they don't share info ?

When you look at Madden 13 and then look at NCAA 13, it don't even look like it is made by the same company at all. Night and day difference.

These 2 teams need to do a much better job at sharing information. No way should game look one way and have stuff done right and the other game looks like it was made by a bunch of college senior interns.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #58
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
First somebody needs to explain to EA what coach mode REALLY IS. The way they have it in Madden isn't TRUE coach mode, it is just auto pass from broadcast view. Which in itself leaves a sour taste in my mouth because the human controlled team QB don't even scramble at all in Coach Mode. Instead he just takes sack after sack after sack. Coach Mode is what the name implies, you are the coach, you call plays and that is it. No other human interaction other then hiking the ball.

And for them to have legendary coaches in the game and you can't even coach mode with them in Connected Careers is just wrong.

This is baffling......

How is it the NCAA team knows what coach mode is and have it done correctly, but the Madden don't ?

How is it the Madden team have fluid animations, CPU AI that use their special moves a lot but the NCAA team don't have it in their game ?

But yet they both in the same building......Not that far apart from each other. What is the point of having a central game play team if they don't share info ?

When you look at Madden 13 and then look at NCAA 13, it don't even look like it is made by the same company at all. Night and day difference.

These 2 teams need to do a much better job at sharing information. No way should game look one way and have stuff done right and the other game looks like it was made by a bunch of college senior interns.
I agree with your post 100% but at this point would accept auto pass if that was all they could implement.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'll be $60 bucks richer and have more free time before 2k 13 hits the shelves! Although their coach mode didn't allow for playcalling last year!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

This is baffling......

It is baffling considering the NHL 13 game coming out has a true Coach Mode as well (call plays, strats, line changes, but it's CPU vs CPU).
Old 08-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

Unbelievable that once again they have has dropped the ball... to even put it in exhibition mode and not in CC on or offline is senseless! So I'm sure they will give some lame excuse as to why. False advertising, misleading... Thanks for saving my hard earned $60, glad I didn't fall prey to that floundering company misleading those of us who enjoy coach mode. Is it that difficult to implement auto-pass in your game when it was once there years ago. The bottom line, is the individuals that have a hand in the development of the game, could careless about the minority, obviously we don't matter. I didn't buy the game last year and wont this year either. Thanks for underachieving once again, I shouldn't be surprised though, since this has a become a regular theme from that company that shall remain nameless!!! IRRITATED FORMER CONSUMER!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I have 2 friends who are physically impaired and coach mode is the only mode they can play.... Way to crap on that audience EA
How many Madden head coach games were made? One? That tells me they felt the it wasn't worth continuing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:

This is baffling......

From the very beginning ea was extremely clear what coach mode would include... Ie its just the franchise mode that's always been there but they needed to call it something to distinguish itself from the player mode where u can only control one person. Did you read anything leading up to Madden that led you to believe I could watch a game of Madden without controlling the player?
I'm sorry but I don't see why you're mad about something that was never advertised

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wonder if they can patch it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »