Home

For sim players, Madden 13 is like a Victorias Secret model with no clevage.

This is a discussion on For sim players, Madden 13 is like a Victorias Secret model with no clevage. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For sim players, Madden 13 is like a Victorias Secret model with no clevage.

A-Men brother.

Totally agree, and the bottom-line for me is simple: Won't be buying it.

The moment I discovered that they omitted cpu vs cpu via broadcast view within CCM, along with other variables, editing, etc...was the very moment I knew they are not getting my 60 bucks.

(I "retired the sticks" years ago, and only care to be more of a GM within Madden. Thanks EA for robbing me of this ability this year).

(Middle Finger)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 8
Icon6 Re: For sim players, Madden 13 is like a Victorias Secret model with no clevage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
I heard coach mode was in it. Sounds like you guys just need to rub one out and relax.

TBS + VERY Funny
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #99
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: For sim players, Madden 13 is like a Victorias Secret model with no clevage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
So, from what I understand; people spend $60 on a game to simulate and read stats? Even if you do want the coach mode to feel real, playing the game is what a video is all about. I find the coach mode in 2012 better than it ever was. I'm not wasting my money just to pick plays, watch an animated game, or just simulate it.

If you're so obsessed with coaching, why not volunteer for a little league team instead of ranting about a video game?
Have you ever heard of a strategy game? The basic idea behind a coach mode (which is really a coach/gm hybrid) is to act as a coach/gm. This means building up the personnel of a team and calling the plays but not being the one who executes them. There are plenty of games that follow this type of format.

One example that comes to mind in Gran Turismo 5 which has a mode that makes the player a "crew-chief" like character where an AI driver controls the car. The player is given the option to either view the car on fullscreen, or look at data like intervals in order to advise the driver to speed up, slow down, maintain pace or overtake the car in front of him. Of course the driver has his own stats and each of these actions has its benefits and consequences. Now one reason people like this mode over the actual racing is because it becomes incredibly easy to beat the AI in racing games after a while.

Now your reply to this would seemingly be they payed $60 dollars to read stats and simulate racing and that they should instead go to their local race track rather that play this game. However, contrary to your comment, there is more than one way to play a game.

The thing with Madden football is that it is not just one game. Sure there is the on the field stuff, but there is also a very in depth franchise experience. Now one could just simulate the games, but that removes the coaching aspect and it has been stated that the sim engine fails to use substitutions which wrecks the experience.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #100
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Have you ever heard of a strategy game? The basic idea behind a coach mode (which is really a coach/gm hybrid) is to act as a coach/gm. This means building up the personnel of a team and calling the plays but not being the one who executes them. There are plenty of games that follow this type of format.

One example that comes to mind in Gran Turismo 5 which has a mode that makes the player a "crew-chief" like character where an AI driver controls the car. The player is given the option to either view the car on fullscreen, or look at data like intervals in order to advise the driver to speed up, slow down, maintain pace or overtake the car in front of him. Of course the driver has his own stats and each of these actions has its benefits and consequences. Now one reason people like this mode over the actual racing is because it becomes incredibly easy to beat the AI in racing games after a while.

Now your reply to this would seemingly be they payed $60 dollars to read stats and simulate racing and that they should instead go to their local race track rather that play this game. However, contrary to your comment, there is more than one way to play a game.

The thing with Madden football is that it is not just one game. Sure there is the on the field stuff, but there is also a very in depth franchise experience. Now one could just simulate the games, but that removes the coaching aspect and it has been stated that the sim engine fails to use substitutions which wrecks the experience.

I agree with this man in the video.

Spoiler
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #101
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame

TBS + VERY Funny

Go back to that post, and see what happened...

and I don't know how this has been allowed to go this long - but I'm closing it. It's a giant impressions thread w/boob jokes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »