Home

The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #57
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread

Slow down the hurry up offense. The CPU should not be able to throw a 30 yard pass and snap the ball 5 seconds later. That's ridiculous.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnumber24
3. it's cool for the scheme to change the rating for the players on your team, but it's ******** for a player like darren mcfadden to have an overall rating of a 91 in the actual game, but yet none of the schemes have him with the overall rating of a 91. what's the point of him being a one cut back, but not have his 91 rating. each player's default rating should be matched by their player scheme type as well. if dmc is a 91, if you go into ccm and make your rb scheme to a one cut back mcfadden should be a 91, not a freakin' 87-88
Isn't Mcfadden a speed back in the game? Specifically mentions his name when creating a player in CCM....Foster is named for one cut back. Might be the issue.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Thatīs been a problem with NCAA for ages (the cpu needing like 5 seonds of gameclock to run a play in supersim), guess itīs the same for Madden ...
I don't recall this being an issue in Madden last year, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Problem is you HAVE to use supersim when you're doing player mode in CCM, so the whole thing is basically junk unless you just don't care about realistic stats.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnumber24
yeah that happened once for me and my depth chart reset, but i was going into the regular season from the preseason, maybe that's why.
Its an issue
Set mine before even selecting start season and saved it. Once you go to practice mode or a game and. Omenback to hub it resets. Acknto before I made my changes.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 5

I just created a thread and didn't notice this one. Well since this is a patch thread I'm just going to copy and paste because this needs to be patched.

I have read that madden connected careers has a new sim stat engine built from the ground up. I had high hopes. Some things are cool but some are unacceptable once again. I have been simming and in year four 23 QB's passed for 30 TD. 23! Vick passed for 45 and 5. Tebow had a 97.9 rating and passed for 34 and 14. His ratings are ovr 79 sac 76 mac 69 dac 73 and awr 77.

28 teams averaged +25 points. All teams averaged over 20. 30 teams gave up over 400 points for the season. 3 teams gave up over 530 points. I know there are other sim stat issues but WOW. I dont know if this happens in the first couple seasons but it will happen. When I read new stat engine I was excited now for another year.

What is up with sim stats and madden year after year? This is football we want close to realistic stats. Everything cant be perfect but this is borderline ********. What are the testers doing? At least in basketball games we can edit the tendencies and ratings for realistic stats. With madden we just got to deal with it. Unless they choose to try to patch it. Another year???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I just created a thread and didn't notice this one. Well since this is a patch thread I'm just going to copy and paste because this needs to be patched.

I have read that madden connected careers has a new sim stat engine built from the ground up. I had high hopes. Some things are cool but some are unacceptable once again. I have been simming and in year four 23 QB's passed for 30 TD. 23! Vick passed for 45 and 5. Tebow had a 97.9 rating and passed for 34 and 14. His ratings are ovr 79 sac 76 mac 69 dac 73 and awr 77.

28 teams averaged +25 points. All teams averaged over 20. 30 teams gave up over 400 points for the season. 3 teams gave up over 530 points. I know there are other sim stat issues but WOW. I dont know if this happens in the first couple seasons but it will happen. When I read new stat engine I was excited now for another year.

What is up with sim stats and madden year after year? This is football we want close to realistic stats. Everything cant be perfect but this is borderline ********. What are the testers doing? At least in basketball games we can edit the tendencies and ratings for realistic stats. With madden we just got to deal with it. Unless they choose to try to patch it. Another year???
The EA overreact method 101:
Something doesn't work good in the previous years game, next year we make it overpowered and or overdone.

Instead of fixing Pass defense, we implement phony bologna tactics to cover up an age long problem that we wont spend time to fix.

EA has got to stop making something and instead of upgrading it, they just put a cheesy tactic on it in order to cover up the flaw.

Look at the slant route cheese that has been happening for a decade...Still seems nothing has been done to stop this besides perfect mirroring.

People complained about Antonio Gates being unstoppable and birth of the mega-backers. Then this led to Ray Lewis getting 1 handed interceptions when he should'nt have even been able to make a play on the ball.

Also this led to Linebackers knowing exactly where you are going to run the ball. People complained about AP and LT and boom, the birth of "play recognition".

EA please, build your games from the ground up and stop applying patches and Band-Aids. The sim engine last year was sub-par and now you boost it but you boost it too much instead of tweaking it until it gives accurate stats. The only thing wrong with last years sim engine was QB completion percentage and tackle stats for elite tacklers. Sacks were also a bit off for elite pass rushers but livable.

No more band-aids, rubberbands or gum on a leak fixes. Just take this game, change the title to Madden 14 and adjust it until you get stuff right. Your not far off so their is no excuse for not fixing these persistent little issues year after year.

NCAA for example IMO has one problem stopping me from having a true Sim experience...well theres 2. One is the QB accuracy slider, and 2 is the QB for the cpu runs the ball on mostly every option play instead of handing off to the RB (OREGON).

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #63
Rookie

madnumber24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
Isn't Mcfadden a speed back in the game? Specifically mentions his name when creating a player in CCM....Foster is named for one cut back. Might be the issue.
nope, as a speed back he's rated even lower. but on mcfadden's description it says one cut. any way it goes it's a problem.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #64
Rookie

TwoHeadedDog's Arena

OVR: 2

Between the start of your CCM (when free agency is locked to the USER) and week 1 of the preseason (when FA is available) the CPU signs the free agents it wants.

It's a little annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »