Home

The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread

Figured we could use a thread for the little things that could use a patch.

1.) Been playing for a couple hours and I have noticed way too many missed extra points. I am playing as a QB so no it's not me missing them it's the CPU missing them for me. Had at least 5 missed extra points already.

2.) A.I. play calling late in games. For example the computer down 3 points with 2 minutes left inside their own territory with 3 timeouts run the ball 3 times and waste all their timeouts. The CPU with the lead in the last 2 minutes of the game passes every down instead of running. Seems the logic is reversed.

3.) In Connected Careers multiple people having the same number on the same team. Example 3 players on the Bengals with the number 17. Giving the people the ability to edit equipment and jersey numbers would help solve this issue.

4.) As a coach you should have the ability to watch the game as a coach, cpu vs. cpu.

5.) Trade logic is broken/reversed. Example Titans trade away 2nd overall draft pick for Coefield and a 3rd round pick. Example of it being reversed, Two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for John Skelton wont go through. Free agent logic is also broken for example, Carolina signed two running backs Ryan Grant and Issac Reddman despite having both Williams and Stewart on their roster. After that they put Williams and Stewart 3rd and 4th on the depth chart.

6.) Correct the timing for the starting lineups. They flash them on there for seconds before taking them down. Each positional group should be up there for a good 4-5 seconds, not 2-3.

7.) Assisted tackles not being recorded.

8.) Schemes not being saved. Returned to default after exiting Connected Careers.

9.) Between the start of your CCM (when free agency is locked to the USER) and week 1 of the preseason (when FA is available) the CPU signs the free agents it wants.

What is happening is that the CPU pulls the free agents it wants before free agency unlocks for the USER. It's locked before you advance the CCM to preseason in year 1. Once you advance, free agency is unlocked but the CPU has already signed the ones it wants.

10.) CPU season stats are way too bloated. SuperSim causes inflated statistics when using longer quarter lengths due to too many plays being ran by the CPU.

11.) Close scoring plays not being reviewed.

12.) Chicago Bears "Blue pants" are orange.

13.) Connected Careers sim scores are way to high

14.) Man-coverage needs to be patched. See this thread:

HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

15.) White player cyber face with short hair but in game brown skin with dreadlocks

Last edited by buddy321813; 08-29-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Official Needs To Be Patched Thread

Using a created QB for the Cardinals, went into the first preseason game...forgot that the AI last year had horrible substitutions in preseason games, so I had Skelton lining up at WR and quickly quit and got out of preseason as fast as I could. I really can't believe this wasn't fixed from last year....no way to fix the depth charts myself since I'm not the coach. Very aggravating. Simmed preseason games didn't substitute at all, just kept the starters in all game.

So I get to the regular season, obviously not the starter as I didn't play all preseason, first game is against the Seahawks....
Matt Flynn threw 81, yes EIGHTY ONE passes. Lynch carried the ball 34 times.

Nice to see the auto-sim putting up normal stats :\.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Figured we could use a thread for the little things that could use a patch. Been playing for a couple hours and I have noticed way too many missed extra points. I am playing as a QB so no it's not me missing them it's the CPU missing them for me. Had at least 5 missed extra points already.
ROSTER EDITING DAY 1. This is a must.

and correctly calculate or add assisted tackles into total tackles.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

The ability to play Coach Mode and CPU vs CPU mode
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
The ability to play Coach Mode and CPU vs CPU mode
YES EA please freaking put a coach mode with the broadcast cams into the connected careers mode if someone is going to play as a coach. Okay I understand online it might not work so well but for the love of god at least put it in the offline one. Right now, as you guys have it, playing as a coach in CC without a true (i call the play, cpu players execute based off ratings) is a deal breaker for me. I cannot and will not put money behind this game for the first time ever because of this. At least patch this for the coach offline CC. PLEEEEASE. Ill come do your laundry for a month.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Offline Co-op if it can be patched. I'm just posting this so that players who will be getting the game can be able to play a CC with their buds.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

PLEASE FIX THE TRADE LOGIC

2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for John Skelton wont even go through right now. WOW..........
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6
EA for the 100th time PLEASE FIX THE STIFF ARM

......for online play.

For another year bruiser running backs are poorly represented in online play.

They get bumped and they fall.

They do not push the pile.

They do not drag defenders.

Small DB's tackle big bruiser backs up high....really?

Most bruisers have a high stiff arm rating that does not matter because the stiff arm button does not work.

Most people only run outside the tackles when they decide to run the ball because DLineman get off their blocks as soon as you get to the gap.

Please Please fix this now.

The one and only stiff arm animation I ever see is the Adrian Peterson one where you shove the defender to the ground with your hand. The main problem is that you loose ALL momentum and are always tackled after that animation plays out.

I just don't understand why they continually fail on this year after year.

Last edited by datruth; 08-25-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: adding more stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »