Home

Changing Position Types in CCM

This is a discussion on Changing Position Types in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #89
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Changing Position Types in CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
in a sense that the deflaut team scheme dont change....playing as the Jags it says blanced off and that never changes, een though changing the player types are reflected in the overalls. so in the scheme menu the team scheme dont refelct the changes
I see what you're saying, I'm not talking about the Overall Scheme. It's the Position Schemes that change players overalls.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #90
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
FWIW, I mentioned this scheme issue in my feedback in June. That leads me to believe it's not an easy fix or they ran out of time. But that's just an educated guess on part. Just know that some of the bugs you guys are finding were pointed out -- what happens from there is out of our control.

In saying that, there were certainly bugs that we found that WERE fixed prior to ship.
You could have told me earlier, before I was all this time!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #91
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I see what you're saying, I'm not talking about the Overall Scheme. It's the Position Schemes that change players overalls.

right right, that is what i meant by not showing up in text form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #92
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
can you provide a link the your june post about this?
It wasn't a post, I'm referring to the feedback doc left for the developers at one of the community events.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
While there are two separate teams they don't work in a vacuum with no ability to communicate. Have you ever seen what a test matrix looks like when developing software. Or how sometimes late changes can cause unforeseen issues right before it's time to go gold.

It's software development sometimes stuff happens. While I can't make excuses for this oversight, nor will I, the notion they didn't play a single game of Madden is laughable at best.
I understand what you are saying...and maybe I exaggerated the "not a single game" part. I also agree with the not giving excuses/blame thing as well. But it seems to me that when you advertise a new selling point for a product like "choosing schemes for coaches and players" then that selling point should be one of the things you make sure works flawlessly in the final product. Maybe the invention of patches and updates makes this theory irrelevant these days. In the end though, I don't perceive this as a game breaker by any means, and I do feel it will eventually be addressed. I also believe this Madden will be the best it has been in years. It's just hard to understand how these things get missed when they are such huge "selling points." That's all.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #94
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
It wasn't a post, I'm referring to the feedback doc left for the developers at one of the community events.
Oh okay right on
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #95
Rookie

I just have a couple questions about player types and scheme types, etc.

1) Let's say I am a coach and I inherit a team with a west coast offence scheme. But I want to have a vertical offence, how would I go about changing that team's scheme? Same with defence; if I create a coach for a team that runs the 3-4, but I want to run the 4-3, how would I change it? Would I just edit all the preffered player types?

2) This question is tough to word but I'll give it a go. Essentially if a player is not in the scheme he prefers, or is not the player type the team prefers, is their a spectrum of how much his rating takes a hit as some schemes are closer to others. For example, let's say a player is a one-cut back. That is obviously closer to a speed back than a power back. So if he went into a system that prefers speed backs, would his rating take less of a hit than if he went into a system that prefers power backs?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #96
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
I understand what you are saying...and maybe I exaggerated the "not a single game" part. I also agree with the not giving excuses/blame thing as well. But it seems to me that when you advertise a new selling point for a product like "choosing schemes for coaches and players" then that selling point should be one of the things you make sure works flawlessly in the final product. Maybe the invention of patches and updates makes this theory irrelevant these days. In the end though, I don't perceive this as a game breaker by any means, and I do feel it will eventually be addressed. I also believe this Madden will be the best it has been in years. It's just hard to understand how these things get missed when they are such huge "selling points." That's all.
And I don't disagree with you on a single point. But hyperbole like "I bet they didn't play a single game" doesn't help nor does it make us as a group seem credible. It makes us look like lunatics.

I just want the stuff fixed, and if we can present it with some sense of order and decorum, I feel our chances are better.

Or maybe I am wrong. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »