Home

Changing Position Types in CCM

This is a discussion on Changing Position Types in CCM within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #113
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Changing Position Types in CCM

I started an online CCM and schemes did not change when starting and ending a game as mentioned above. But however they did change back, not sure what I did after I advanced the week. All I can think of what I did was change some sliders, moved how many minutes in the game from 1 to 15.

Also I have not used game face? Is that making a difference because my coach schemes still say west coast spread?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can someone Confirm that Online CCM has been fixed? I would like to know whether I should start an offline CCM or if I should start a one person online CCM when I get the game tonight...

Also, as I was just looking at Looman's twitter I saw something mentioned that I hadnt heard before, In an Online CCM are we allowed to save the game whenever we want or is it all autosave?

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 08-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #115
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll delve more into the Online CCM as soon as I can, but right now I am at work and I have plans for this evening.

However, I personally didn't have issues with my Overall Scheme being incorrect or my position schemes resetting after playing games and simming weeks.

During my test I used an active coach, Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears. I set my quarter length to 1 minute with 10 second accelerated clock. I checked my schemes after every action I did, practice, game, advance week, sim week, etc.

I can see the Overall Schemes possibly being bugged by using Game-face or Created Coaches though, since the game doesn't allow you to choose your own Overall Scheme.

They really botched the Overall Schemes. No one knows what it takes to really change your scheme. However, your overall scheme isn't as important as your playbook. Make sure you have a playbook for the scheme that you want selected when you create your coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry, I was too tired last night to repost. In my online ccm, the following happened
1: Use Gameface to create coach
2: Choose STL as my team, with NYG off/def playbooks
3: Check my coaches schemed- West Coast off / Spread def
4: Changed the player preferences (PP for short) from STL default to what I wanted
5: Selected Start League
6: checked my coaches scheme again- still bugged
7: checked PP- reverted back to STL default
8: updated PP to what I wanted again
9: Advanced week, checked PP, my updates remained.
10: Played Practice, checked PP, my updates remained.
11: Played Season Game, checked PP, my updates remained.
12: Advanced Week, checked PP, my updates remained.

So, to sum up what I've personally seen...Like it was stated before (easier to read this time, was so tired last night!), Online CCM will at least save the Player Preferences in Scheme AFTER you start the league. I hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #117
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

that helps a lot, thanks chris33
Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #118
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33cc
Sorry, I was too tired last night to repost. In my online ccm, the following happened
1: Use Gameface to create coach
2: Choose STL as my team, with NYG off/def playbooks
3: Check my coaches schemed- West Coast off / Spread def
4: Changed the player preferences (PP for short) from STL default to what I wanted
5: Selected Start League
6: checked my coaches scheme again- still bugged
7: checked PP- reverted back to STL default
8: updated PP to what I wanted again
9: Advanced week, checked PP, my updates remained.
10: Played Practice, checked PP, my updates remained.
11: Played Season Game, checked PP, my updates remained.
12: Advanced Week, checked PP, my updates remained.

So, to sum up what I've personally seen...Like it was stated before (easier to read this time, was so tired last night!), Online CCM will at least save the Player Preferences in Scheme AFTER you start the league. I hope this helps.
Sounds about right. I'll do a test as well to see if the Overall Scheme has to do with using a Created Coach/GameFace vs. Active Coach.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #119
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Sounds about right. I'll do a test as well to see if the Overall Scheme has to do with using a Created Coach/GameFace vs. Active Coach.
Reading Josh's tweets he stated schemes don't mean much, just player styles. So you don't need every player on off to be zone run scheme or spread etc. just draft and sign players that match your style to receive the overall boast. I that the team scheme is set in stone so the CPU knows what to draft and sign. Coach scheme is bugged, being that you can't chose a scheme which affects games that are simmed, as to how the CPU plays out your game.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
Reading Josh's tweets he stated schemes don't mean much, just player styles. So you don't need every player on off to be zone run scheme or spread etc. just draft and sign players that match your style to receive the overall boast. I that the team scheme is set in stone so the CPU knows what to draft and sign. Coach scheme is bugged, being that you can't chose a scheme which affects games that are simmed, as to how the CPU plays out your game.
That's good to know about Josh's tweets. The scheme and player preference things definitely have potential. Here's hoping they take the communities feedback for future attempts. Then again, I'm the guy that loved the passing cone...so my opinion is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »