Home

Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Changing Position Types in CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan123
I have a simple question.....did anyone actually test the game at EA before they released it? There seems to be so many issues with it and the EA mods seem all surprised at the feedback

Why is there no info on the issues on changing schemes as a coach for example. The manual they released as little issue of how to play the game.

CCM looks great but I really don't think they had the time to actually play it
I'm sure they tested the game, things get missed. This one is pretty obvious, not sure how it got missed. As it is right now though, you have to change your schemes every week as they change when the week advances.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
No you cannot. Though you can put him in that position and theoretically boost the attributes needed for that position but it won't change visually.
Is there any drop in attributes (other than perhaps OVR) if you play a 4-3 DE as a 3-4 DE? I'm wondering specifically if awareness drops if you don't have a player that fits your scheme.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I'm sure they tested the game, things get missed. This one is pretty obvious, not sure how it got missed. As it is right now though, you have to change your schemes every week as they change when the week advances.
I wonder how much of this stuff falls under the NDA because EAGCs have been playing the retail for quite a while before now and it seems whenever someone asked about "schemes", none of them would say much. Also, there was an E3 video a few months back that had a walkthrough of the CCM menus and one of the screens showed some footage of schemes. However, i went back earlier this week and could no longer find it, seemed like it had been replaced with a different video.

Could have been these scheme issues have been known about it within that timeline and it just wasn't being discussed. Not accusing the EAGCs of any hijinks, just saying I wonder how much the NDA makes them keep under wraps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Is there any drop in attributes (other than perhaps OVR) if you play a 4-3 DE as a 3-4 DE? I'm wondering specifically if awareness drops if you don't have a player that fits your scheme.
I can do the opposite for you. Since I'm playing as the Colts, I'll switch back to wanting 4-3 players and I'll list any and all changes.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
I can do the opposite for you. Since I'm playing as the Colts, I'll switch back to wanting 4-3 players and I'll list any and all changes.
Thanks I'm interested in seeing what happens. The part that bothers me in not being able to edit players this year, is that if you really wanted to switch the Colts back to a 4-3 and move Freeney and Mathis to DE, you could only do it on the depth chart (the game would still recognize them as OLB's) and they would probably take a hit in awareness. Even though they played DE in a 4-3 their whole careers until this season.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Here are the results, I've made some trades and such, so I don't have Dwight Freeney anymore as I traded him due to age.

Anyways, I used the LE Ricardo Mathews and the RE Fili Moala.

Here are their overalls with a scheme of 3-4 Versatile:
LE Ricardo Mathews - 74
RE Fili Moala - 76

Here are their overalls with a scheme of Speed Rusher
LE Ricardo Mathews - 65
RE Fili Moala - 66

Now, when you look at a player there are two distinct attribute types. You have Grades which includes a Physical Grade, Intangible Grade, Durability Grade, Size Grade and Production Grade. The rest are your normal attributes such as speed, awareness, tackling, etc, etc.

When changing schemes, ONLY THE GRADES CHANGE. Here is what changed for my players:
LE Ricardo Mathews - 80 > 78 Physical, 66 > 64 Intangible, 97 > 50 Size, 6 > 2 Production.

RE Fili Moala - 72 > 67 Physical, 76 > 78 Intangible, 97 > 50 Size, 16 > 5 Production.

Therefore their AWARENESS did not change, nor any other attribute besides their "grades". Therefore, changing schemes merely changes the weight that each attribute averages into the grade. These grades are then used to determine the Overall.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Here are the results, I've made some trades and such, so I don't have Dwight Freeney anymore as I traded him due to age.

Anyways, I used the LE Ricardo Mathews and the RE Fili Moala.

Here are their overalls with a scheme of 3-4 Versatile:
LE Ricardo Mathews - 74
RE Fili Moala - 76

Here are their overalls with a scheme of Speed Rusher
LE Ricardo Mathews - 65
RE Fili Moala - 66

Now, when you look at a player there are two distinct attribute types. You have Grades which includes a Physical Grade, Intangible Grade, Durability Grade, Size Grade and Production Grade. The rest are your normal attributes such as speed, awareness, tackling, etc, etc.

When changing schemes, ONLY THE GRADES CHANGE. Here is what changed for my players:
LE Ricardo Mathews - 80 > 78 Physical, 66 > 64 Intangible, 97 > 50 Size, 6 > 2 Production.

RE Fili Moala - 72 > 67 Physical, 76 > 78 Intangible, 97 > 50 Size, 16 > 5 Production.

Therefore their AWARENESS did not change, nor any other attribute besides their "grades". Therefore, changing schemes merely changes the weight that each attribute averages into the grade. These grades are then used to determine the Overall.
Thank you very much. Glad to see that attributes/ratings stay the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 25
EA puts gag orders on anyone who gets the game early. Why? IMHO so they don't spill the beans on all the screwed up stuff that the consumer will get forcing them to potentially question a purchase.

But the ONLY crowd they care about is the tourney types.

CC at this point is a jumbled mess and most only got their hands on it yesterday.

So in 24 hrs we have all found stuff that EA or CG didn't see or couldn't comment on....

Shady business right there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »