Home

Help me understand auto subs

This is a discussion on Help me understand auto subs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help me understand auto subs

All,

Can anyone help me understand auto subs in Madden '13? I set RB sub in to 70 (along with DE, DT, WR), and didn't get a single substitution last game. Now, my sliders are all screwed up. I try to set HB sub out to 75 or 80, but the sub in bar no longer matches up and it's acting really screwy.

I just want a game where if a HB is used like four straight times, he might sub out. If we have a long drive on offense, WRs might shuffle in and out. DEs and DTs will shuffle in an out throughout drives. I've never been able to achieve this in recent football games, and the sliders seem to be really....... weird...... in Madden '13.

Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Help me understand auto subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
All,

Can anyone help me understand auto subs in Madden '13? I set RB sub in to 70 (along with DE, DT, WR), and didn't get a single substitution last game. Now, my sliders are all screwed up. I try to set HB sub out to 75 or 80, but the sub in bar no longer matches up and it's acting really screwy.

I just want a game where if a HB is used like four straight times, he might sub out. If we have a long drive on offense, WRs might shuffle in and out. DEs and DTs will shuffle in an out throughout drives. I've never been able to achieve this in recent football games, and the sliders seem to be really....... weird...... in Madden '13.

Any advice?
I haven't tried it personally but I know some people post about adjusting the "fatigue/stamina" slider in M12. Maybe the problem is on default players are not getting tired enough to be subbed out.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Rookie

crazygoalie39's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, turn up your fatigue. I put mine on 70 and that seems about right to me.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's the question, though... Does this game have the same issue NCAA has had for years and years where, if you turn fatigue up too high or auto subs are set wrong, you'll lose a bunch of starters for the entire fourth quarter because they can't come back in the game?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not sure if you figured out the auto sub bars "acting weird"....at first I messed with them and thought "WHAT THE F#*$" ....then realized the bars just moved with your numbers, it's kinda weird but try to not pay attention the actual bars just use the numbers. Also I think they're switched in order from years past, kinda threw me off.

Personally I have fatigue at 56 at the moment, and RB sub out at 80 and in at 85. You'll definitely see some rb subs there automatically. The full settings I use (credit to Playmakers sliders from last year):

Out/In

qb 20/25
rb 80/85
wr 70/75
fb/te 70/75
ol 20/25

de 80/85
dt 80/85
lb 70/75
cb 60/65
s 60/65
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Turn fatigue up to 75-100.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

If the OP is in CCM, the problem is that the auto sub sliders are not working. Even if you line the values up correctly, the settings will be ignored once you go into a game.

You can increase fatigue to compensate, but then you run into players being subbed that really shouldn't, namely the OL.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
If the OP is in CCM, the problem is that the auto sub sliders are not working. Even if you line the values up correctly, the settings will be ignored once you go into a game.

You can increase fatigue to compensate, but then you run into players being subbed that really shouldn't, namely the OL.
Was this reported earlier too or is it just something that is know being noticed? I am referring to in another thread that you informed them of another issue a while back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »