Home

Madden Bugs and Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden Bugs and Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden Bugs and Glitches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
This is as designed. The concept is that its practice. You grind to make your team better. Its not a Madden Moment scenario where you get one shot to complete.

With allowing practice restarts, those that put in the work, get the biggest reward.

Yes it's practice but in life if you have a bad practice, you cant turn back the clock and retry. Instead you try and o better the next practice.
Sort of makes it less intriguing the way it's set up. Fail? No problem..try again.

First they take away dodgeball, want to get rid of keeping scores at HS games... now this...

SMMFH!!!

just playing but it would be better if it was a one and done.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #58
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yes it's practice but in life if you have a bad practice, you cant turn back the clock and retry. Instead you try and o better the next practice.
Sort of makes it less intriguing the way it's set up. Fail? No problem..try again.

First they take away dodgeball, want to get rid of keeping scores at HS games... now this...

SMMFH!!!

just playing but it would be better if it was a one and done.
Correct you can't take back a bad practice, just like you can't take back a try at that practice scenario in Madden. You can schedule another practice, hopefully this time a better one if time permits. If you are playing in a league with a set advance schedule it gets more challenging.

Sure this is not a true practice, but it is meant to emulate the concept of putting the time.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #59
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Correct you can't take back a bad practice, just like you can't take back a try at that practice scenario in Madden. You can schedule another practice, hopefully this time a better one if time permits. If you are playing in a league with a set advance schedule it gets more challenging.

Sure this is not a true practice, but it is meant to emulate the concept of putting the time.
Yep. That's what I was also thinking (about the leagues and set advancements) Maybe for Madden 14 make it to where you have 1 try and done per practice scenario..?? Screw up 1 then you can practice again but you have to select a new one. And once you succeed at one of them, then your done that week.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep. That's what I was also thinking (about the leagues and set advancements) Maybe for Madden 14 make it to where you have 1 try and done per practice scenario..?? Screw up 1 then you can practice again but you have to select a new one. And once you succeed at one of them, then your done that week.
Or at the very least, some fraction of reduced XP for each time you quit and restart.

Appreciate the responses btw Emmdot, even if I don't agree with the design direction.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #61
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

What is the bug?

AI play calling is just all around bad this year.

What mode?

Play now, CCM

How did it happen? Can you recreate it?

The AI has just regressed in game mgmt on several levels. Teams aren't mimicking their real life offenses in run/pass distribution as they were last year. The AI is calling pass plays when they should be milking the clock. They called a squib kick in a situation where I was only down by a FG w/ 18 seconds left -- that mistake made it easier for me to get in FG range. And on third and longs, I'm seeing the AI lined up under center too much -- 3rd and long almost always calls for a shotgun formation even if it's ultimately a run.

I can't even use Ask Madden this year as I have in years past. It's either always suggesting literally the same plays (again not a problem last year) or, the suggestions don't make much sense. 4th down, down 3 pts within FG range and it's suggesting for me to pass the ball?

How often?

Every game...

videos?

None.

**I apologize for the bug rant, but I'm mystified at how CPU playcalling is so messed up and how deep the issues apparently run considering even 'Ask Madden' is off kilter.

Last edited by RGiles36; 08-27-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #62
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

Has anyone else experienced freezing in the menus in offline CCM? it freezes anytime i exit my depth charts, or coaching progression, and player progression.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #63
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Whats the bug?
Before kickoffs, (after a score) the clock is running while you're about to kickoff. (edit - I'd also like to add this happens on possession changes. I started the 3rd quarter, they punted and when I had the ball after a punt return on 1st down, the clock was still ticking? This should not be happening)

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in?
Connected Career (Playing as QB)

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?
Happens all the time

How often can the bug be reproduced?
After every score and before a kickoff

Do you have video or pictures?
Don't need it

Last edited by MMan; 08-27-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #64
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

Awards and pro bowl selections don't register on players cards in the roster menu. they appear as Wide reciever, and full back, and other football positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »