Home

Draft Scouting

This is a discussion on Draft Scouting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
So does real life logic work when scouting these guys. IE bigger DE's for a 3-4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #42
Banned

Riddler's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Draft Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
How is the equipment on the drafted players? Numbers too. The QBs don't all have Revolution helmets like NCAA I hope. Is there a diverse mix of helmets a d facemasks? RBs and WRs all or mostly all wear gloves? No big elbow pads on skill players I hope. Jersey numbers look reasonable?
I second this. Any answers would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Question about scouting.

What does the "Development" attribute mean for a prospect? Is that how fast he progresses? Cause I thought XP was all that determined that. I just saw it on the screen when I was scouting and it cost 5000 to unlock, and its one of the 1-5 numbers like confidence is. I unlocked it but it just says he has a "1" for development, which leaves me wondering what that means.

Anyone know what it means?
Old 08-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #44
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Question about scouting.

What does the "Development" attribute mean for a prospect? Is that how fast he progresses? Cause I thought XP was all that determined that. I just saw it on the screen when I was scouting and it cost 5000 to unlock, and its one of the 1-5 numbers like confidence is. I unlocked it but it just says he has a "1" for development, which leaves me wondering what that means.

Anyone know what it means?
the higher the development trait the lower the xp cost it is to raise his abilities. so a player with a 1 would have a harder time to progress than a player with a 5.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #45
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So the overall doesn't really matter anymore, correct? I know it can vary depending on scheme, but key attributes matter more, right?
In my opinion, overall is more important than it has been in the past, but not for the same reason. The most important thing is the individual attributes, however, because the overall is dynamic, it becomes more useful.

Now, I definitely wouldn't scout someone's overall, it costs way too much to do so. However, let's say you are the Philadelphia Eagles and you prefer a One Cut Half-back (LeSean McCoy). His overall is going to be pretty well because he fits that scheme, but if you prefer a Power Back, his Overall is going to drop.

The reason is that the weight of each attribute changes dependent of the scheme. So while the attributes don't change, their weight causes the overall to change. Therefore, seeing high overalls lets you know that the important attributes that you care about are pretty high, and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
the higher the development trait the lower the xp cost it is to raise his abilities. so a player with a 1 would have a harder time to progress than a player with a 5.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #47
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
In my opinion, overall is more important than it has been in the past, but not for the same reason. The most important thing is the individual attributes, however, because the overall is dynamic, it becomes more useful.

Now, I definitely wouldn't scout someone's overall, it costs way too much to do so. However, let's say you are the Philadelphia Eagles and you prefer a One Cut Half-back (LeSean McCoy). His overall is going to be pretty well because he fits that scheme, but if you prefer a Power Back, his Overall is going to drop.

The reason is that the weight of each attribute changes dependent of the scheme. So while the attributes don't change, their weight causes the overall to change. Therefore, seeing high overalls lets you know that the important attributes that you care about are pretty high, and vice versa.

and since OVR is basically the value of a player by the CPU, with ovr changing based on scheme and production the CPU will value some players that are lower rated that produce more. and will value players that fit their system more.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry
I can scout like 5 players out of 250 lol. And that's only unlocking key attributes. That's nowhere even near close to enough, on top of that, you have basically no information on the 99% of the players in the draft. You can't sort the draft board by potential anymore, and the classes aren't predetermined. That's more than enough to make drafting an imperfect science.

It's completely unrealistic, and a likely overreaction to the online franchise crowd whining about it being too easy to draft. I'm sick of the online crowd steering the direction of offline modes. It happens in quite a few games these days.
Offline was much too easy as well. Scout 15 guys in Week 1, do nothing, find out EVERYTHING about 5 of those guys, go and get said guys. It's unrealistic to make Scouting a long, arduous process that slowly builds over the season? Save your Coach XP, but the Scouting boost, get 2x the SP per week. It'll help you out tremendously if you do, but I don't believe Scouting is an overreaction to anything. It's just a new system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »