Home

I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

This is a discussion on I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Fair enough, EA is such a polarizing company, fairly or unfairly, most feel they need to be more proactive and forthcoming. Something that they are not known for. But youre right, it is an industry issue.
they are polarizing, and it's mostly they're own doing, although people go way overboard imo. While EA is certainly deserving of the criticism they receive, I believe a lot of people criticize them just for the sake of criticizing them
Old 08-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #58
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Originally Posted by mavfan21

With all the play testers, all the Game Changers, all the developers...

HOW DOES THIS STUFF NOT GET NOTICED?? It takes people a couple hours to find problems like this on their own. Sometimes less.

Because I just asked a dev on twitter and he said he'd look into it. If he had an idea it was there he'd say, "Yeah, it's being patched".

I really feel like the Game Changers and people like Pasta Padre let us down on this stuff. I know most of us Franchise...I mean CCM, guys check 3-4 things first time we sit down: Progression, Roster moves (what can you do, what does the CPU do, trades/draft), stats, and CPU logic.

Progression is poorly done (as noted in the CCM past year 1 thread), jersey numbers duplicate, the CPU doesn't manage it's depth chart correctly, and draftees pics don't always match the in-game players race and hair style (see pics in "What needs to be patched" thread).

So I ask, how do so many hard core CCM/Franchise players miss stuff that us regular dudes find in a couple hours or less?
Wait till Tuesday when everyone busts this game open, im sure there are more issues.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 4

The Madden team could have truly waited and kept CCM silent from the public for another year and just fixed up last years FA & walk-on FA clusterfluke issues and kept the Franchise mode until then. This not only causes an eye sore but also some confusion with play-calling & etc.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #60
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Man I was hoping what CC did do this year was going to work well.

I hope this is all stuff that can get identified and taken care of within a couple of weeks

But it is disheartening to know theres still this much wrong even without the added stress of the options and features we lost....because it means its going to be a tough fight get them back quickly for 14

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #61
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
they are polarizing, and it's mostly they're own doing, although people go way overboard imo. While EA is certainly deserving of the criticism they receive, I believe a lot of people criticize them just for the sake of criticizing them
Yeah, EA is taken to task a lot, i agree, its overkill in some cases. Conversely, we as consumers play a role too, this is by no means a ”pass” for EA, but for many of us its been two decades playing this game. We know what we are getting, the same issues today have been here (more or less) for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #62
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Who's to say it doesn't get noticed? This maybe exactly why there's going to be a patch so quickly in September, because this stuff was noticed during play testing.
Quote:
You really believe that's what he'd say, even though they've not released any official patch info?

Are you new to this business?
Wow, you're a little smug, huh?

No I am not new to this business, I was one of the 21 selected to be in Josh's Facebook group to advise on tuning Franchise Mode for Madden 12.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #63
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
Now I'm SUPER glad I didn't pay $25 to be a beta tester... er... I mean get the game early...lol. I'm fine with scooping it Monday night.

So you will pay 65 to be one? I'm grateful I paid 25, saved myself 40 bucks.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #64
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
The Madden team could have truly waited and kept CCM silent from the public for another year and just fixed up last years FA & walk-on FA clusterfluke issues and kept the Franchise mode until then. This not only causes an eye sore but also some confusion with play-calling & etc.
and then you would have people b****ing that d*** EA is so lazy they didn't even update Franchise any. i think what you said is what they did last year. they didn't really add much to Franchise last year. just cut days, udfas, and full editing. and what happened last year? people complained that nothing got done to Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »