Home

CC superstar mode..

This is a discussion on CC superstar mode.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CC superstar mode..

Anyone actually trying this out? So far madden 13 has been a HUGE letdown for me since apparantly im the only one who likes to create a player and play through an actual season, you know, with playoffs n stuff? Cant do it in coach mode (which is basically franchise mode) gotta have the default rosters for whatever reason. So im stuck with superstar mode! Yay! /endsarcasm

So I figure if im goin to be a starting qb i'll need to pick a whack team so I have a chance at starting... God forbid a rookie starts on a team right? Even a high draft choice? Which is an option for the player's backstory.. Even though people like RG3 and Luck exist, whom are both rookies, and both starting qb's for their teams... But nope, in superstar mode you cant be good right off the bat.

So I pick the seahawks since they dont have a great qb base. And here I am typing this up confused as hell because im still not starting. Ive done a full season and a half of practice every week to boost stats, even put the game on rookie difficulty to get more xp.. Got my rating up to 80 which is higher than flynn's but im still not starting. I havent got to play in an actual regular season game once.

So to wrap it up, has anyone figured out a loophole to have your "superstar" actually start? Ive always played madden as a created player in season mode,(not superstar mode, actually controlling the whole team as well) and for the first time madden gave me the finger. God forbid I want immersion right? Its very wrong of me to want myself on a team in the superbowl right?

Am I just that small of a minority? I dont find a lot of enjoyment playing as the default roster team. I like seeing me behind center, I like to control the receiver I throw to, ever play as a qb in superstar mode when your behind and the clocks running out? The AI receivers dont run out of bounds so make sure you have timeouts! mass confusion this year.. Debating on canceling my amazon order which is due here tues afternoon... And I have never ever bashed a madden game untill now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CC superstar mode..

If you create your player CCM online rather than off, you'll start no matter what your rating is.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm in the opposite group as you. I created an undrafted WR for the Redskins and am listed number 1 on the depth chart even though I am only the 6th best WR on the team.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I'm in the opposite group as you. I created an undrafted WR for the Redskins and am listed number 1 on the depth chart even though I am only the 6th best WR on the team.
Hmm maybe it's just a qb problem then
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack3d
Anyone actually trying this out? So far madden 13 has been a HUGE letdown for me since apparantly im the only one who likes to create a player and play through an actual season, you know, with playoffs n stuff? Cant do it in coach mode (which is basically franchise mode) gotta have the default rosters for whatever reason. So im stuck with superstar mode! Yay! /endsarcasm

So I figure if im goin to be a starting qb i'll need to pick a whack team so I have a chance at starting... God forbid a rookie starts on a team right? Even a high draft choice? Which is an option for the player's backstory.. Even though people like RG3 and Luck exist, whom are both rookies, and both starting qb's for their teams... But nope, in superstar mode you cant be good right off the bat.

So I pick the seahawks since they dont have a great qb base. And here I am typing this up confused as hell because im still not starting. Ive done a full season and a half of practice every week to boost stats, even put the game on rookie difficulty to get more xp.. Got my rating up to 80 which is higher than flynn's but im still not starting. I havent got to play in an actual regular season game once.

So to wrap it up, has anyone figured out a loophole to have your "superstar" actually start? Ive always played madden as a created player in season mode,(not superstar mode, actually controlling the whole team as well) and for the first time madden gave me the finger. God forbid I want immersion right? Its very wrong of me to want myself on a team in the superbowl right?

Am I just that small of a minority? I dont find a lot of enjoyment playing as the default roster team. I like seeing me behind center, I like to control the receiver I throw to, ever play as a qb in superstar mode when your behind and the clocks running out? The AI receivers dont run out of bounds so make sure you have timeouts! mass confusion this year.. Debating on canceling my amazon order which is due here tues afternoon... And I have never ever bashed a madden game untill now
Do you fit their scheme?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

No, it just depends if you make it an offline or online CCM,.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoe
If you create your player CCM online rather than off, you'll start no matter what your rating is.
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I want to do an online one with my friends where we all play as undrafted guys having to earn spots.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm in the same boat as you, except I have a league of 27 guys.

I'm really really really hoping it's just a bug and not meant to be that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »