Home

Scheme: Setting Multiple Player Types

This is a discussion on Scheme: Setting Multiple Player Types within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Scheme: Setting Multiple Player Types

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with setting multiple player types for a position when updating a team's scheme?

For example, I'm going to attempt to rebuild the Jags, so I'm setting up the scheme to reflect for what I will be looking for. I scroll down until I have WR1 and WR2. What does WR2 control? If I set...say Speed for WR1 and Red Zone Threat for WR2, I would think that it would be reflected in the Depth Chart. However, it appears that only the WR1 value is shown.

In my testing, I used Cecil Shorts III (not just because that is the weakest name for an NFL player that I have ever heard...). He is an unremarkable WR with a 92 speed rating. Using what we know about how scheme will update the overall by factoring in different attributes per player type, if I set Speed as the player type, his overall reaches a peak of 73. If I set RZT, he drops to a 59 (somewhere around there anyway). Now that I have a control, I set the scheme to read WR1- RZT WR2- Speed. No matter where I put Cecil on the depth chart, the only overall I saw was the 59. The inverse was also true.

Am I way off on what the multiple positions are used for? Should i just make them the same? Can you tell I test and write defects for 60 hours a week? Thanks!

TLDR: Can I use WR1 and WR2 (some teams WR3) to set different player types?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Scheme: Setting Multiple Player Types

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33cc
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with setting multiple player types for a position when updating a team's scheme?

For example, I'm going to attempt to rebuild the Jags, so I'm setting up the scheme to reflect for what I will be looking for. I scroll down until I have WR1 and WR2. What does WR2 control? If I set...say Speed for WR1 and Red Zone Threat for WR2, I would think that it would be reflected in the Depth Chart. However, it appears that only the WR1 value is shown.

In my testing, I used Cecil Shorts III (not just because that is the weakest name for an NFL player that I have ever heard...). He is an unremarkable WR with a 92 speed rating. Using what we know about how scheme will update the overall by factoring in different attributes per player type, if I set Speed as the player type, his overall reaches a peak of 73. If I set RZT, he drops to a 59 (somewhere around there anyway). Now that I have a control, I set the scheme to read WR1- RZT WR2- Speed. No matter where I put Cecil on the depth chart, the only overall I saw was the 59. The inverse was also true.

Am I way off on what the multiple positions are used for? Should i just make them the same? Can you tell I test and write defects for 60 hours a week? Thanks!

TLDR: Can I use WR1 and WR2 (some teams WR3) to set different player types?
he still has this rating when you go to move him into the WR2 spot? i mean in the depth chart after selecting the person in wr2 spot. if so then i have no idea.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, same rating in WR2,3,4 on the bench. Didn't make a difference.

Edit: I just went through the computers schemes and whenever they have multiples, they have them all marked the same player type. I guess that's just the way it is. Makes it a bit tougher (more manual research) to bring a versatile stable of WR's, but not really that big of an issue.

Last edited by chris33cc; 08-25-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Yeah it's all gaffed up currently and no one really has a clue what to do about it.

Awful execution in CC honestly. Very very sloppy
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if this got patched in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Scheme: Setting Multiple Player Types

None of the scheme/player type stuff works or really even matters. It can affect the displayed OVR(but not how the player actually plays), resigning (based on "Fit"), FA signings.....etc. And, possibly to a small extent, desired salary (based on his OVR within a scheme).

You can change schemes but it wont change available player types (switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will not remove DT2 and add MLB2 for example). You can change desired player types and by checking the "Fit" ratings on players you use that as a guide to get the style of players that you want....but otherwise this is just a broken, useless feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »