Home

Does Madden 13 still have Create-A-Team?

This is a discussion on Does Madden 13 still have Create-A-Team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Rookie

bronco72's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden 13 still have Create-A-Team?

I could use some help from the experts. I am 50 and have been playing since the days of Front Page Sports 94, and changed to Madden in 99. I have a couple of college friends that I play on line with. We are not too fancy with the thumbs, but we do have a blast. I will spare you the details, but we have drafted balanced teams from spreadsheets, then used the create a team option, and play head to head online. I know that most players will think this is stupid, but it works for us. I don't want to debate the merits of this kind of play, but I could use your help if you have the knowledge.

There is no create a team in Madden 13. Is there any way to get a team of the players you want, and be able to play head to head online? If it is tedious, and takes a long time, I don't care. Somehow trade players from one team to another, that sort of thing. My guess is that EA has made this impossible to do and play online. As a second choice, is it possible to get and update roster with updated stats, or update them myself in Madden 12 and have a team that I can play online in Madden 12? I tried to export a team a year ago in 12 without using the create a team function, and I could not play that team online.

Any advice you have would be appreciate by this old fart. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, not happy about create a team gone. Every year I check for improvements and find the same thing. Now nothing. Overall I am pleased with the direction Madden is going but they need to fix this.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #11
Rookie

honestly one of the main reasons i enjoy madden is because of the customization, but i don't even think create-a-player is in anymore...

i don't really feel like playing as real teams, it's fun for certain aspects, but i like to see my own team on the field with my own characters. i've somewhat gotten fond of each person on my current team in my madden 12 franchise, but obviously they won't make it to the '13 franchise. madden seriously needs to just re-add this.. especially like in '08 or so, where there were over a hundred different logos to choose from, from generic ones to letters

i think the reason why they dont like making it is because of the stadium creation - each stadium has its own certain things (for instance, tiburon sharks have large sharks on the ends, if you pick the correct ends) i bet you any money that if a created stadium had no large statues like that, the madden team wouldnt need to model it and they would probably put more team logos in. madden 12 was a big dissapointment with only about 16 different, boring logos, but this is just stupid

i'm probably not even going to buy madden 13 unless it goes to a sale under $30. no reason for me to otherwise buy it, because creating a team and playing franchise is my main reason to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
Rookie

they'll bring it back with madden 14 and call it a new feature
Old 09-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
Rookie

^^^ Agree. They took out a lot of stuff because they'll need something new for Madden 14.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Rookie

yea they still have the same logos that looked like crap and the jerseys didnt look right no matter what you did
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I've been wanting teambuilder in Madden for years. I'd make the Houston Oilers so freaking fast...haha. It'd rule.

Dev-wise, I really think teambuilder or a website allowing all of that such customization and/or then some would be wiser for them. The website would get to deal with all of the programming space needed - should save some space on the disc, so they can use it to do whatever else may be needed. Then you just port in your team(s). I would hope they allow for all 32 teams, though. NCAA can't/doesn't allow more than 12 teams, I think, so perhaps it isn't yet possible. Still, having that goal would be supreme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
Just started!

Create a team was my favorite aspect of the game. I eagerly awaited logo updates that never occurred. Sadly not having this feature is a deal-breaker. I'll stick with 2012 and await 2014.

[]P [] []V[] []P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »