Home

NO Auto-pass in or coach mode, what a joke!

This is a discussion on NO Auto-pass in or coach mode, what a joke! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NO Auto-pass in or coach mode, what a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Well I don't know what to tell you then.... This game is built to be played?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Aren't you being a bit narrow minded? (no offense)

Just saying that for those of us who prefer a GM/coach experience as opposed to joystick jockey/controlling players, we'd be happy to say "Ok, Madden doesn't support the sim crowd. Let's go spend our money on another football title that does."

But guess what?

We CAN'T !!

EA decided it was best for them (and definetely NOT the consumer) to prohibit anyone else from making a football game. So, we who prefer a GM/coach experience are SCREWED.

And while we're at it, what about PC gamers? EA monopolizes the football market then simply abandons the PC platform leaving PC gamers with NO PC football options. Pretty lame.

So, I would argue that if a company decides to strangle a consumers options then have an OBLIGATION to make thier product as flexible/option friendly as possible to cater to the entire audience

If we as consumers had other football options, from other companies, I wouldn't care about Madden eliminating features I enjoy. I'd just shift my allegiance to a product that fits my needs.

But the fact remains, that EA had basically told us the past several years "We don't care that you have no other football options. We have a 3-yr plan. It doesn't include PC platform, and it doesn't include coach only mode, and it's really catering to quick trigger joystick jockeys...

But other than that "ITS IN THE GAME !!"
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
Rookie

MarcD's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Aren't you being a bit narrow minded? (no offense)

Just saying that for those of us who prefer a GM/coach experience as opposed to joystick jockey/controlling players, we'd be happy to say "Ok, Madden doesn't support the sim crowd. Let's go spend our money on another football title that does."

But guess what?

We CAN'T !!

EA decided it was best for them (and definetely NOT the consumer) to prohibit anyone else from making a football game. So, we who prefer a GM/coach experience are SCREWED.

And while we're at it, what about PC gamers? EA monopolizes the football market then simply abandons the PC platform leaving PC gamers with NO PC football options. Pretty lame.

So, I would argue that if a company decides to strangle a consumers options then have an OBLIGATION to make thier product as flexible/option friendly as possible to cater to the entire audience

If we as consumers had other football options, from other companies, I wouldn't care about Madden eliminating features I enjoy. I'd just shift my allegiance to a product that fits my needs.

But the fact remains, that EA had basically told us the past several years "We don't care that you have no other football options. We have a 3-yr plan. It doesn't include PC platform, and it doesn't include coach only mode, and it's really catering to quick trigger joystick jockeys...

But other than that "ITS IN THE GAME !!"
...I love you...
Old 08-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Well I don't know what to tell you then.... This game is built to be played?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Then I don't see how it's realistic then, because if you're a coach, you can't build a team and watch them play, like coaches do in real-life.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I lol to this post.
Because ignorance is bliss!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlerforlife000
I'm going to keep posting this, I know OS thinks they can delete what they don't want posted. EA has screwed up and is so full of it!!!
Totally mislead everyone,cant wait for the excuses to begin.... What lie are they gonna tell us now. I'm sure the powers that be will delete this before it gets read, I will just re post and continue to blast EA for the incompetence...

All we want is atleast autothrow in CC, who in the you know what needs it in exhibition mode, how insane and you know what backwards is that!!
great...keep posting it..you'll eventually get the boot and we wont need to hear your whining and crying.. man up dude because you are making yourself look like a spoiled brat that didnt get his way and frankly..thats sad.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

All this being said. There need to be SEPARATE GAMES for Ultimate Team, and Head coaching. MADDEN the game itself needs to be the most authentic update FOOTBALL game for the NFL period, and it's not.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Then I don't see how it's realistic then, because if you're a coach, you can't build a team and watch them play, like coaches do in real-life.
"Realistic" is a shaky term I mean realistically if you want a "TRUE SIM" especially for a coach wouldn't you likely have to put in 40+ hours before the game week gameplanning and everything else that goes with being a coach?

I understand that there are complaints and I am not saying it shouldn't be in the game. Also I haven't read the other threads or tried it so don't flame me but is the coach mode under game options not working?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
"Realistic" is a shaky term I mean realistically if you want a "TRUE SIM" especially for a coach wouldn't you likely have to put in 40+ hours before the game week gameplanning and everything else that goes with being a coach?

I understand that there are complaints and I am not saying it shouldn't be in the game. Also I haven't read the other threads or tried it so don't flame me but is the coach mode under game options not working?
40+ hours????? Heck no. EA is not paying me to play Madden.

Naw but seriously, I would just be satisfied with CPU vs CPU capability in CCM. I don't even care about calling the plays, hell let me be the GM.

GM mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »