Home

Is it even worth starting a CCM with the known issues?

This is a discussion on Is it even worth starting a CCM with the known issues? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is it even worth starting a CCM with the known issues?

For What it's worth saw this tweeted by Josh Looman

"If you're playing a single player career, play online. You'll get the benefit of up to date tuning that you won't get offline until a patch."

Sounds like the reason online CCM's might be working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesHd09
Any confirmation on the difficulty in online CCM? Preferably from someone who has experienced how easy it is in offline CCM.
I'm wondering about this too. The first game I played was an Exhibit game, and I was very impressed by how it played on default All-Pro, particularly with the CPU offense moving the ball on the ground.

Not so once I started OFFline CCM - using the same 49ers, my CPU opponents are lucky to break 20 yards rush since my defenders constantly blow them up in the backfield.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
I'm wondering about this too. The first game I played was an Exhibit game, and I was very impressed by how it played on default All-Pro, particularly with the CPU offense moving the ball on the ground.

Not so once I started OFFline CCM - using the same 49ers, my CPU opponents are lucky to break 20 yards rush since my defenders constantly blow them up in the backfield.
Im praying that the tweet from Looman is the anwser to this question. Of course tho ill wait for confirmation from the community.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #28
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well that's where I never let issues with a video game bother me. If I did, I would have stopped gaming years ago.
I play to get away from stress, not create it.

Even with the late game AI issues I'm having fun. I'm in an almost all user league so it really isn't an issue for me BUT I want it fixed for my player CM mode.
Yes, this is what I do Skyboxer I try to remember this is my past time, and I'm relaxing plus enjoying football. If you go through a game yelling, and getting mad everytime you see something, I mean what are you doing? Beta testing? Or enjoying the game? LOL

I mean there's nothing wrong with seeing something, and then reporting it in the glitch thread to better the game for everyone, but to be frustrated to the point where you are ready to not play your 60 buck investment and complain all the time... What's the fun in that?

On a more serious note, I am one of the few I guess who hasn't seen any glaring issues. I've been scrimmaging guys, and seeing some of the best Madden moments, catches, tackles than I have ever seen. But as for me, most of the problems I've been hearing about are minor cpu decisions for the most part which I'm sure will get patched. But user vs user games are incredibly fun, and there is not much going on the field that needs to be addressed.

I'm liking everything, but I do want the minor things ironed out. I'm just glad its not something like people not being able to advance to the next week. (NCAA 12 I'm looking at you) *knock on wood*
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

Last edited by The Real Ma$$ive; 08-27-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: To knock on wood!!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Hey guys

Funnily enough, I asked this question this time last year too, so I will ask again for this year

Being from the UK, I don't get Madden until Friday.

After reading the forums about the known issues like schemes not saving, sliders, gameflow reverting back, duplicate player numbers, punting/kickoff issues etc, is it even worth starting a CCM before it gets patched?

Just wondering if the fun will be taken away somewhat, by the issues that have been found already?
What are the punting/kickoff issues?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #30
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
For What it's worth saw this tweeted by Josh Looman

"If you're playing a single player career, play online. You'll get the benefit of up to date tuning that you won't get offline until a patch."

Sounds like the reason online CCM's might be working.
Are there any downsides to playing a single player CCM online?

If the servers are down you can't play your CCM then, correct?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not sure why anyone would play an offline CCM anyway. Unless you don't have internet, you should play an 1 person online CCM. The website maddencareer.com let's you do a lot of the stuff, but from a cpu.

Just my .02

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #32
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
I'm not sure why anyone would play an offline CCM anyway. Unless you don't have internet, you should play an 1 person online CCM. The website maddencareer.com let's you do a lot of the stuff, but from a cpu.

Just my .02
Are there any downsides to playing a single player CCM online?

If the servers are down you can't play your CCM then, correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »