Home

Madden 13 on Ps3 or Xbox? Which one should I choose?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 on Ps3 or Xbox? Which one should I choose? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 13 on Ps3 or Xbox? Which one should I choose?

The 360 version looks a little cleaner than the PS3.

At the end of the day its still Madden. Flip a coin.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Xbox for sure, I have played both versions and the graphics are night and day better on xbox. The ps3 version has bad jagged edges on players where the 360 version - they are all smooth.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #35
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames210908
Xbox for sure, I have played both versions and the graphics are night and day better on xbox. The ps3 version has bad jagged edges on players where the 360 version - they are all smooth.
Unless you're face is literally inches away from the tv while playing the game, there is no difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Unless you're face is literally inches away from the tv while playing the game, there is no difference.
Not true at all, dude. I have both versions and I can say that Madden 13 on the PS3 is a blurry mess. The resolution has been downgraded, and the serious lack of anti-aliasing makes the field and players fuzzy-looking. Sucks because in the past I liked to switch playing on both systems to give the other a break, but I think I'll be sticking almost exclusively to the 360 version this year.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
Not true at all, dude. I have both versions and I can say that Madden 13 on the PS3 is a blurry mess. The resolution has been downgraded, and the serious lack of anti-aliasing makes the field and players fuzzy-looking. Sucks because in the past I liked to switch playing on both systems to give the other a break, but I think I'll be sticking almost exclusively to the 360 version this year.
I haven't seen any of this blurry stuff on the PS3 version. Someone from another forum mentioned that the Madden tournament in NYC is using the PS3 version because the PS3 version runs smoother offline?

One thing I do notice, is that the colors on the 360 version are more vibrant, but that doesn't bother me. PS3 has a bit more jaggies then the 360 version, but you'd have to put these side by side to notice the differences.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #38
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
What kind of tv do you have? I have a 40 inch Samsung 240hz 1080p LED and don't see that problem at all. I played the demo at best buy using the xbox and it looks the same to me.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
What kind of tv do you have? I have a 40 inch Samsung 240hz 1080p LED and don't see that problem at all. I played the demo at best buy using the xbox and it looks the same to me.
It's really weird because some people are seeing things that others aren't. I do see jaggies. such as at the line of scrimmage with the offensive line, but from what I can remember the 360 had them, but the PS3 was slightly more noticeable. The colors are not as vibrant on the PS3 as they are on the 360, but this comes down to personal taste as some may like that more popping out color or not.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #40
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
It's really weird because some people are seeing things that others aren't. I do see jaggies. such as at the line of scrimmage with the offensive line, but from what I can remember the 360 had them, but the PS3 was slightly more noticeable. The colors are not as vibrant on the PS3 as they are on the 360, but this comes down to personal taste as some may like that more popping out color or not.
Yeah I don't know. I'm pretty content with what i'm seeing. But I guess like you said it is personal taste when it comes to colors popping out. What concerns me is that one time xbox had the ball correctly spinning and the ps3 version had the ball not even spinning at all. To me, that was a deal breaker and a big difference, but this year it seems the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »