Home

I have one issue with this game...Why is the CPU running the ball so much?

This is a discussion on I have one issue with this game...Why is the CPU running the ball so much? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I wonder if this is true what happened to game plans? The whole idea of game plans is that each team play different. To their strength. Maybe they are not working right and this is why every team play the same way?
Exactly. Every team plays the same way. They run 80% of the time. Doesnt matter down and distance either.

3rd and 18 run it even though your down 10 points with a full qtr to go....

Awful
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I have one issue with this game...Why is the CPU running the ball so much?

yikes this is not good news at all

this issue along with the horrible CPU depth chart logic, lack of signature throwing animations, and bad late game clock management by the CPU make this game an easy no-purchase for me

ill stick to NCAA for now
Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #35
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Exactly. Every team plays the same way. They run 80% of the time. Doesnt matter down and distance either.

3rd and 18 run it even though your down 10 points with a full qtr to go....

Awful
Edit- questions were already answered.

-Juke

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

This is what so infuriates me about Madden/EA. I know some things aren't direct correlations but, the focus seems to be on promotion, flag football games, parties, bells and whistles, etc. But, the core gameplay gets so much wrong. There are only 32 teams to focus on.

Teams that pass or use multiple backs or situational substitutions should be taken care of. If Pierre Thomas gets X amount of carries and Mark Ingram gets Y amount of carries and Darren Sproles gets Z amount of carries, implement it. Plain and simple. Break it down by percentages and dole out the carries accordingly. They should be able with all of the available data to go through every team (again there's only 32) and fine tooth comb every nuance of each and do their damnedest to try and implement their tendencies.

For the life of me how is it that they can't seem to make a game where the right defensive end or ROLB gets pressure? It must be the hardest thing to do or they've just chosen to ignore it and figure people are good with breaking sack records with 3-4 left defensive ends with 3 career sacks. Last years demo actually got pressure from the right DE. I remember Peppers being a beast. But, when retail dropped that side of the field was as dry as the desert.

And to the topic of run plays getting called at an alarming rate for passing teams......... When Stevan Ridley is the focus of the Patriots offense something is terribly wrong.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 08-27-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0

On defense you could alway do what I have done

1. Play a 46.

2. Choose "run" in the pre snap.

3. Stuff run.

4. Proclaim "I am the greatest Madden player on Earth."

5. Profit.

In all honesty though I am getting a good mix of CPU play calling.

I'm the Bears,
Week 1 Vs Colts W 24-6
25 passes, 20 runs. They didnt have the ball for as I controlled the game on the ground.

Luck was 13-25 for 221 long of 45

Week 2 Vs Packers L 31-21 I scored a garbage touchdown in the last seconds
16 passes, 34 runs.

Rodgers was 13-16 for 189 long of 46

Week 3 Vs Rams W 25-16 I had 6 FGs
39 passes, 20 runs

Bradford was 22-39 for 219 long of 30

Outside of the Packers game where Rodgers threw the ball 16 times everything else looks pretty good to me. The Packers where up 31-14 till the end so they ran the ball a lot in the second half.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #38
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't understand what game some people are playing with some of these issues. I just played a game against the Saints using the Falcons after reading this thread to see if I could confirm an issue and these were the Saints stats at the end of the game.

Brees 28/35 295 yards 4tds 2int

Thomas 24 carries 119 yards 0 tds
Sproules 13 carries 72 yards 1 td

Sproules 7 catches 69 yards 0 tds
Graham 7 catches 78 yards 2 tds
Henderson 3 catches 44 yards 1 td
Colston 3 catches 59 yards 1 td

Near a 50/50 split. You could argue the Saints are more than 50/50 but I was getting housed by the end of the third since I threw 3 picks with Ryan.

And I didnt write down the stats from my last game when I played the Pats but Brady carved up the Broncos defense with short throws underneath to Welker who made the catch then took off over and over. When I came up to defend that he went deep to Lloyd. Ridley carried it maybe 15 times and Woodhead carried around 10 times. I have seen nothing wrong with CPU playcalling or superstar production.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I don't understand what game some people are playing with some of these issues. I just played a game against the Saints using the Falcons after reading this thread to see if I could confirm an issue and these were the Saints stats at the end of the game.

Near a 50/50 split. You could argue the Saints are more than 50/50 but I was getting housed by the end of the third since I threw 3 picks with Ryan.

And I didnt write down the stats from my last game when I played the Pats but Brady carved up the Broncos defense with short throws underneath to Welker who made the catch then took off over and over. When I came up to defend that he went deep to Lloyd. Ridley carried it maybe 15 times and Woodhead carried around 10 times. I have seen nothing wrong with CPU playcalling or superstar production.
Play now or CCM?

-Juke
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41

Was this in CCM during regular season? I haven't tried it yet...only Play Now. Ill try it tonight and see what happens...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »