Home

The A.I. needs more football intelligence

This is a discussion on The A.I. needs more football intelligence within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
The A.I. needs more football intelligence

So far I am loving this game, my complaints are minor and most I've already solved myself by adjusting my slider set.

One thing I'm seeing though is the A.I. sometimes seems to just give up at the end of a game. When they are behind , yes they will stop the clock either by calling a time out or spiking the ball, but their playing calling is at question. When you are down by 7 a FG is not going to help you when there is only 1:30 left in the game. The CPU continues to just run the ball in these situations instead of throwing the ball and trying for the TD.

If this can be fixed this game will be fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The A.I. needs more football intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
So far I am loving this game, my complaints are minor and most I've already solved myself by adjusting my slider set.

One thing I'm seeing though is the A.I. sometimes seems to just give up at the end of a game. When they are behind , yes they will stop the clock either by calling a time out or spiking the ball, but their playing calling is at question. When you are down by 7 a FG is not going to help you when there is only 1:30 left in the game. The CPU continues to just run the ball in these situations instead of throwing the ball and trying for the TD.

If this can be fixed this game will be fantastic.
I agree I played a play now game against the cpu and they were down 5 points with 10 seconds to go on my 48 yard line and just ran a dive up the middle.

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by will12203
I agree I played a play now game against the cpu and they were down 5 points with 10 seconds to go on my 48 yard line and just ran a dive up the middle.
Yeah I've that happen. The AI plays are based on your coverage, as opposed to the situation. Its a good concept, but not in all situations lol...
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I couldn't agree more...in fact, I think this may be the worst Madden AI ever.

One quick example: Playing game now mode superbowl. Me (Giants) v. Ravens (cpu). Playing on All-Star (but that shouldn't matter).

Ravens are up by 3 with 1:00 left....Giants are OUT OF TIMEOUTS! Ravens should just take 3 kneels and win...Right? NOPE....1 running play and 2 passes! Of course, passes incomplete, clock stops...G-men get the ball back with about 20 seconds left (I still lost).

How in the world can that happen in a 2012 Madden game? I hope it was a 1 time glitch...

I also intercepted a ball in the endzone...got tackled right away...and game called it a safety. Huh?

Hope they can patch....

Nit
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Yeah it's the worst it's ever been. I just supersim late in games if I'm in that situation.

It's absolutely terrible. How dies that NOT get noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Ea sports needs more football intelligence.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I agree entirely. The AI intelligence for playcalling, clock management, etc, has always been a big sore point in Madden.

This year? It's like they removed half the brain from what was there a year ago.

Can't wait for my OF's to get started, I just can't be arsed to play the CPU in it's current form.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I have read so many great things about this years edition of Madden. Everyone has their own idea of what a "gamebreaker" is. IMO, this is a gamebreaker.

For all that was done with IE, CCM, and the passing game, do they not realize that a silly oversight like this can ruin an experience for anyone that wants to actually use their brain to have to win a game?

The fact that this is STILL an issue is mind boggling to say the least. If you're from EA and you are reading this, it's this type of crap that brings about the "EA is lazy, complacent, doesn't care, etc..." comments.

No doubt that it took hours and huge commitment to get the IE into M13 and the dev team deserves a ton of credit for making it happen, but as a customer is it reasonable to think that at some point over the last 10 months, someone could have realized that there was an issue with the late game clock management? IMO, it's unacceptable that this is STILL an issue.

Madden 13 is like finally getting a date with the girl with the perfect body, great attitude, and sense of humor, but you show up to the date and she has all of her front teeth missing. You just can't get past it....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »