Home

Slow or Normal?

This is a discussion on Slow or Normal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Slow or Normal Game-Speed?
Slow The results are hidden 0%
Normal The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Slow or Normal?

I found that slow was good for me in the demo and I am wondering how slow plays in online games. Is "normal" faster due to lag or is it still too fast online?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Did a search and found a bunch of old threads about Madden 10 and 11.

I'm wondering what the Consensus is regarding Game-Speed this year? We're currently having this discussion in both of the Franchises that I'm apart of.

Personally, I feel like "normal" plays extremely fast, while "slow" seems to be more "normal".

I feel like the game is much better on slow... Less unrealistic "video game" movements and better player interactions and tackle animations also.

What are your Thoughts?
You bring back memories, did you see my name in there holding those Madden 10 polls? LOL

But for real, I enjoy slow speed. I feel slow actually gives you a great feel, and allows for the physics to play out when tackles and stuff begin to happen. As for the man that said normal feels normal if you play it a lot... Anything feels normal if you do it a lot. LOL

I vote slow!
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think slow is a little easier. It allows you to see things develop better. I tried the same sliders in both speeds and found slow significantly easier. Score was right about 45-35 I believe. 13 min quarters on all-pro with my own tweaks. Clock down to 11 sec runoff. I average about 120 plays a game but the games do take awhile. When on normal speed the score was more like 28-17 and it was more difficult. Plus like others have said, the nfl is fast, and I enjoy the challenge of making quick decisions like my real life players do. I like that making a wrong cut or overcommiting to a tackle can have serious consequences, whereas on slow I avoid these things as I see them coming.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

In my first Post I said that I was having this Poll to decide this for 2 Franchises that I am in...

Operation Sports surely has a much broader base of users that visit this site daily, so, I wanted some extra assurance that SLOW was in fact the best way to go for our ONLINE Franchises this Year...

In one of my leagues, the debate seems to be split, with the current vote sitting at 9 to 6 in favor of SLOW... In the other league, SLOW is dominating the Vote with a 12 to 0 vote so far...

psn - CeeGee
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
In my first Post I said that I was having this Poll to decide this for 2 Franchises that I am in...

Operation Sports surely has a much broader base of users that visit this site daily, so, I wanted some extra assurance that SLOW was in fact the best way to go for our ONLINE Franchises this Year...

In one of my leagues, the debate seems to be split, with the current vote sitting at 9 to 6 in favor of SLOW... In the other league, SLOW is dominating the Vote with a 12 to 0 vote so far...
Have you tested how each speed performs online versus offline though? "Normal" may play more like "slow" online because I noticed last year how much slower the kick meter goes online versus offline, on All Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #22
MVP

I've played 5 or 6 games on SLOW vs people online and I felt like it played the same as when I played on SLOW Offline... There were a few hiccups here and there but you get that with Normal too.

Judging by this thread, and many others that I've read through, it seems like SLOW is widely regarded as the best Game Speed and it seems like most people want SLOW to be the "normal" for online ranked matches.

psn - CeeGee
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
Rookie

fx4life79's Arena

OVR: 0

I played 11 minute quarters on slow and was real good feel and gave good realistic stats
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx4life79
I played 11 minute quarters on slow and was real good feel and gave good realistic stats
Have you played other users online using Slow?

Thats the main thing for me as we're trying to figure out what would be best for our Online Franchises

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »