Home

Draft & scouting question

This is a discussion on Draft & scouting question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Draft & scouting question

What are the odds that the players that I scout actually then still on the board when it's time for me to draft?

Let's say I assume I'm going to have a draft spot in each round. So, I scout a few players projected to go late in the 1st round, for my 2nd round possibilities, same thing, and so on.

If I use the round/pick # as my guide, how often does it end up being good projections?

It also seems to me that finding gems could be not such a good thing. If I uncover someone who I really like, is it realistic to expect that the whole entire rest of the NFL isn't going to select him instead of me?

I understand that it's realistic in the sense that real NFL teams scout lots of players that they like, but end up going elsewhere in the draft. But, the difference is a real world NFL team has the info they want on far more players in each draft class than we are able to get. So, they are better able to absorb the loss of those players than we would be able to.

This would be for offline CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »