Home

Madden 13 review

This is a discussion on Madden 13 review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden 13 review

I wanted so badly for this game to be good. Early on it had loads of potential; unfortunately, the demo spoke volumes in terms of differentiating upgrades from simple smoke blowing. For instance, what at one time was considered a "Major upgrade in presentation", turned out to be what I deem as a pretty pathetic attempt at realism. EA promised their presentation to resemble "Everything you'd see on Sunday." In reality, they delivered THE WORST replay engine that I've ever seen in a sports game. The halftime "show" is nothing short of a joke, and the pregame "show" is redundant and was clearly neglected beyond initial development. As a matter of fact, it's hard to imagine a football game being any less realistic in this day and age. As far as gameplay goes, the physics engine won't ever reach it's true potential, EVER. Unfortunately; EA will drop the ball, per usual, and this "improvement" will quickly be replaced by some other "improvement", that ultimately fails long term. With all of that being said, the CPU AI was probably the most disappointing aspect. Simple football logic does not apply in this game. Imagine a team, down 28 points in the third, starting a drive on their own 6 yard line. They bang out 10 plays for 59 yards and find themselves in a 4th & 1 situation on their opponents 35 yard line. You're already thinking, "You go for it! Your down 28 and clearly establishing some momentum on this drive!"... Nope... Alright, "Settle for 3 and hope for a quick turnover!"... Nope... "Punt the football into the 3rd row and give the opponent the ball on the 20?"... YEP... EVERY, FREAKIN', TIME. There is no worst feeling than that off actively helping the CPU to put itself in realistic situations in the attempt to obtain realistic results. The decisions made by the CPU are truly bizarre at times. One would have to belief that most of the people working on this game aren't tuned in on Sunday's. Show me a real NFL game where the home crowd turns ghostly silent after a TD challenge goes in their favor, and I'll show you a respectable version of Madden worth 65 bucks. Personally, I haven't been this disappointed in a game in a very long time. I will never again contribute my hard-earned money towards this fraudulent series until they appear competent enough to understand football and the nature in which it is played and presented. Shame on EA, once again, for false advertising and falling completely short of expectations.- Dan.... from Pasta's website

Figured this could go for reading.

(not written by me copied from Pasta's website from a user that makes VERY good points)

Alabama Crimson Tide
Chicago Cubs
Atlanta Braves
New Orleans Saints
Memphis Grizzles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 13 review

Pretty harsh, but the guy does make some points. Now that the honeymoon period has all but worn off for me, the same legacy issues that have dogged this franchise since 2010 makes this game a marginal buy for me. Still having fun for the most part but who knows how long that will last until these issues rears it's ugly head again.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Dammit... Midnight is getting closer, and I am getting further away from this game thanks to HONEST reviews and not smoke blown by people that are told to convince us to buy the game.

What was that line from Tommy Boy again?...
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

Just saying.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

meh

yearly complaints, but people still buy the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Various threads for impressions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »