Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Reading the blind hatred posts about Madden this year is comical. Especially now that reviews are coming out from casual, gaming and sim sites and all are praising the game this year. I agree with Rate 100%. I never got to play your 2K8 mod since I'm ps3, but this years madden gives me those moments playing that rival the feeling of hitting sweetness over the middle, watching him highstep away from a middle linebacker and spin off a corner for a couple more yards. That feeling of anything can happen due to the infinity engine is why, for me, this is the best madden since 05. I'll have to wait until I get further into CCM before I can say its the best ever, but its certainly in the stadium this year.
Echo all of the above.

I have played 2 Seasons of CCM as a Player (Gameface, which is PHENOMENAL).

I played 2 Seasons of CCM as a Coach as well.

My only gripe is not being updated as to my depth chart chances of starting and the lack of coach feedback.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Review (RateSports)

Excellent video review.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Good video review. enjoyed watching it. Can wait to pick up madden 13 tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
Great video review. The Infinity engine is something I'm really enjoying, seeing new tackles, and how the players interact with one another. Also the CCM is a new addition and trying it out on the season ticket, I'm going to have fun with it.
I think that people who have not played the game yet, or at least given it a chance to grow on them, are fools at this point. The Infinity Engine provides that "Jump out of your chair" reaction when something unique and special happens.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I think that people who have not played the game yet, or at least given it a chance to grow on them, are fools at this point. The Infinity Engine provides that "Jump out of your chair" reaction when something unique and special happens.
Yes I don't understand how someone can say they are a video game football fan and then go back and pass on Madden 13 to play 12 or NCAA instead.
Until the other titles have the IE I don't need to even bother, and I liked NCAA13 but after playing this...Nothing compares.
IE alone is worth buying this game for. The rest will come.
I always thought that the gameplay on the field was the most important aspect then everything else followed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Yes I don't understand how someone can say they are a video game football fan and then go back and pass on Madden 13 to play 12 or NCAA instead.
Until the other titles have the IE I don't need to even bother, and I liked NCAA13 but after playing this...Nothing compares.
I always thought that the gameplay on the field was the most important aspect then everything else followed...
Did you miss the impact of Infinity Thread?????

Plenty of Reasons in there....plus for some, features/options that were there for years are now gone

For me its an easy decision....The way I found some enjoyment from the game has regressed with all the offline customization missing.....and the on the field gameplay hasn't really changed all that much

I still have to tolerate

Zig-Zag Running
Unrealistic Pocket/OL/DL Play
Real NFL Rules/Penalties not being in the game

I also feel the in-game Broadcast Camera Cuts/Replays have regressed....Which is such a bummer because I was so excited about the potential with that....Im just completely at a loss for words on it.....You spend all that money to have real broadcasters come and show you how its done and make an admirable first step and then just say "F*** It" the next year??????

Infinity is a nice a addition, But IMO it doesn't fundamentally change the way guys play the game.....Too many of the same old Madden Tricks still work within the system.....But hopefully the tech has the potential to change that. But Im still unsure the Devs want to make a more SIM oriented game where players can't just zoom all over the field whenever they want

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
The infinity Engine alone does not warrant $65. Maybe alot of these guys on operation sports only played Madden in the past and accept these legacy issues that have been around since 2006. Madden isn't the standard for video game football. There are other football titles that blows madden away in both presentation and gameplay aspects. Not saying Madden is a bad game, but it lacks the fundamentals of simulation that most here at operation sports want. At least the seasoned guys on here that been around for awhile. There are all kinds of threads about what's fundamentally flawed about Madden. So most people know what's up with that.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

God forbid someone actually likes this game and gives a great review on it. Its HIS opinion. Just because you dont agree with it doesn't mean its a joke. I for one think this is one of the best madden games made. Is there still some problems? Of course. But that doesnt mean this game isn't a lot of fun to play. I would give it the same rating, 9 out of 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »