Home

Can you switch teams and keep XP?

This is a discussion on Can you switch teams and keep XP? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can you switch teams and keep XP?

First off, hello people of the OS forums

I've been reading through several threads giving info on CCM, and I'm interested in buying Madden and playing CCM despite certain flaws, but there's something that I need to know about that is a bit of a deal maker/breaker:

I gather you can switch coaches in CCM every week (a workaround to playing any game that week), but if you switch from one coach to another, then back to the first coach, does that first coach lose his and his players' XP that you built up?

I say this because I want to build XP for a Colts 'franchise', but still play certain other games to try out the other teams and play the playoff and Super Bowl games. Can someone confirm if XP saves from coach to coach or not?

Last edited by DeManix; 08-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Can you switch teams and keep XP?

I still haven't seen anyone who claims to do this provide a step-by-step guide, b/c when I try to do it in my online CC each coach gets replaced by a virtual pretend coach each time I switch games.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I still haven't seen anyone who claims to do this provide a step-by-step guide, b/c when I try to do it in my online CC each coach gets replaced by a virtual pretend coach each time I switch games.

From going through info on the forums, apparently you have to select 'create a new character' rather than 'retire from league', that way the coach stays and a new one doesn't come in. Still don't know if the coach and the players keep their XP after switching teams, so I still needs someone's confirmation on this...
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeManix
From going through info on the forums, apparently you have to select 'create a new character' rather than 'retire from league', that way the coach stays and a new one doesn't come in. Still don't know if the coach and the players keep their XP after switching teams, so I still needs someone's confirmation on this...
yeah i was wondering to how do you change coaches, so you would select new character and just choose from exisiting one? Do you know if i make a coach change for example to pete carrol and make depth chart changes and change back to my original coach will the changes i made w/ seahwaks stay?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
yeah i was wondering to how do you change coaches, so you would select new character and just choose from exisiting one? Do you know if i make a coach change for example to pete carrol and make depth chart changes and change back to my original coach will the changes i made w/ seahwaks stay?

I don't have the game yet so I'm not the guy to ask really :P From what I've heard though, you would just select another coach the same way you selected your original one at the start of the mode. Depth Chart changes don't stick if you change coaches apparently, but I don't know that for sure yet.

No-one's answered my original question, so looks like I'll have to buy the game and find out myself
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »