Home

EA Sports Can This Be Tuned?

This is a discussion on EA Sports Can This Be Tuned? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
EA Sports Can This Be Tuned?

I am asking if this can be tuned but let me preface it by another question. What is going on as to the reason why what I'm going to show you happened? I'm not going to complain, I just would like some explanation of what you guys think of the video? Is this how you wanted things to work out?

Before going forward, let me indicate the lens through which I am looking at this. I'm drawing from Leo Hand 101 Weak Eagle Stunts pages 152-154 on Loose Man Coverage Technique. Also drawing on various articles from American Football Monthly and Gridironstrategies.com, all of which are sources I have read when coaching players. Anyways, loose man coverage here is what is in my mind:

When the ball is snapped:

1) CB takes three shuffle steps in his back pedal.

2) This three shuffle step gives him time to read the drop of the QB.

3) If the QB takes a three step drop the CB then has certain patterns in his mind. It has to be a slant, quick out or some other sort of short route, just based on the QB drop. The main focus, when the CB sees the three step drop is on the QB then to the WR.

4) If the QB drops past three steps, then he has to play the WR.

5) CB should NEVER allow the receiver to get head up with him.

6) In off man coverage the CB should maintain a three to four yard cushion from the receiver.

7) While playing the receiver, if the receiver threatens vertical the CB should turn and run with his three yard cushion.

With all of that said, I expect a CB that did not give up a TD last season and one that has 90 + man coverage to do all of this. Players in this man coverage bracket should be difficult to get vertical on. Not saying it cannot happen, but with a cushion it should be a huge obstacle to overcome. Let's look and see what happens to Lardarius Webb.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Re: EA Sports Can This Be Tuned?

Pursuit.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Strafe may affect coverage

Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes.

But will EA tune it for Madden 13? No.

Just wait for next years Madden and it will be tuned (it's only another $64 out of your pocket).
Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks for resurrecting this thread LBZ. I was looking for it earlier today and I agree with this.

Rockit, are you going to continue to go into all the threads and say this or that about Madden. I think we get it already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Very good videos and great commentary.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks for resurrecting this thread LBZ. I was looking for it earlier today and I agree with this.

Rockit, are you going to continue to go into all the threads and say this or that about Madden. I think we get it already.
Clearly you don't get it. You will keep buying the same game every year and keep having a plethora of issues. Rinse and repeat.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

No "Hey EA" thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »