Home

How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward?

This is a discussion on How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
I think too often customization and equipment are considered features, but it's also more than that because they provide a cushion.

Ex. Editing numbers would easily counter the glitch that has multiple people with same number on team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward?

im sitting out on madden this year but i realy like the direction EA is heading. I think next year the infinity engine will be polished enough to satify me. but a few things id like to sure up the bet are:
1. realistic fluid animations.
2. more diverse camera options (i liked '12s zoom cam). preferably custimizable.
3. sliders shouldnt eliminate any animations all together.
4. seperate slider sets for special teams (id like to see kick offs and punts have a completley diffrent feel from the regular game engine, but until then give us spd,blk,btk, etc, just for spec teams. no fb game has ever captured this (wedge busters anyone?)
5. continued OL/DL and FB/lead blocking improvements. ive seen alot of improvement here over the years, especialy with hot routed hb/fbs protecting the pocket. just continue to improve.
overall you guys have really brought madden a long way, thanks for listening
Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #27
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

EA Sports stated they will be intuned to community feedback for Madden NFL 14 so that's a good thing.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Guess I will keep posting things here until there is some official "little things" thread created. In M12 if the Kicking team on a Kick off chose to "onside kick, it would show the receiving team so they could come out in with a onside kick return formation. However, in M13, regardless of if the kicking team chooses a onside kick or not, it displays "Kick off" to the receiving team, so they can't tell if the kicking team is doing an onside kick until on the field.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

...ever seen that movie Swimming With Sharks ? I bet it'd end up like that for a lot of people trying to get their way...haha. I know I may have sounded that way at times, but I'm really very cynical.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Great thread Big!! I have been asking for defensive players names for years man. YEARS!!! lol. If every other football game that has been made since 1995 hadn't already done it, I would think it was impossible lol. Here is what I posted on the game changers site:

http://mgi-gc.easports.com/a/dtd/Sho...m/158576-18503

Quote:
Show Defensive Players Names During Coach Cam

We need to be able to see what personnel the defense has on the field. Did my opponent switch his CB's and safeties on defense? Is the defense's star player back in the game after being out for awhile because of injury? Does my opponent have his best CB set to line up across my best WR all the time? Is the defense having to make mass subs due to fatigue? Does the defense have a SS playing LB to help with coverage?

Right now, we can't answer any of these questions pre snap because we can't see the defensive players names. It's not a good feeling having a pass intercepted by the defenses #1 CB because you were trying to avoid throwing at him by throwing to the #2 receiver, only to find out that your opponent actually had him lined up over the #2 receiver instead of the #1 receiver like normal. If we could see the defensive players names, scenarios like this wouldn't happen.
This is my no.1 gripe with Madden and it seems like it's something so simple lol.

As for how we can convey this stuff, I think threads like this can help. Maybe EAGC's can forward these threads and stuff to EA or something. I just feel like if these "little" things were somehow addressed Madden would be way better with what seems like not a lot of effort.

BTW, vote for that on the game changers website lol.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the problem is the information delivery system. It's all over the place and EA won't read every single post, no one would.

If we had one thread called "OS Community Wish List" or "OS Community Must Haves" and had something where everyone could vote for the issues they feel most pressing. Like everyone list their top 15 issues, then someone would tally them #1 issues getting 15 points, #2 getting 14 points, and so on.

It would take a lot of time on whoever was tallying the information but then we would have a complete list of issues the OS community wants addressed and in order from most pressing to least pressing.

If EA completely ignored that list....then they would be completely out of touch with the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #32
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, when you pull the trigger pre-play you should see the names of the LBs/CBs/Ss

I want to know which of my Wrs Revis is on

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »