Home

How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward?

This is a discussion on How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Did you guys notice that in practice mode play action abort doesn't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #34
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward?

Here's a thought. Get gamechangers who are real experts in their noted fields regarding Madden. Bring in qualified individuals who are not affraid to challenge the status quo and get them into an regular interface with the EA dev team. It would be even better if EA would do their homework to see who is in the Madden community that can offer rational, professional, opinion.

Since that is entirely UNLIKELY, IMO, maybe we need an internet push via more vids and a forum dedicated ONLY to making Madden a better game. Go to the press! Go to internet sites! Blog about it! Do podcasts! Call EA and ask for a conference in a public forum! I know the hard part is the organization of it all, but it can be done from the grassroots on up.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How Can We As A Community Get The Little Things Addressed Going Forward?

I have a laundry list:

STOP LETTING PLAYERS WALK THROUGH WALLS IN THE BACK OF THE ENDZONE!!!! (or anywhere for that matter)

On field goals, if you ever notice, some of your players will run after the ball at super human speeds after it is kicked all the way down the field.

RBs need to stick out their hand if they hit the back of their own lineman (like NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8) and bounce off of them instead of just falling to the ground like rag dolls.

Referees are as big as the players themselves. They also can run and shuffle side to side at super human speeds.

Animations need to be smoother in all aspects, too much twitchy movements.

Too many low or back of the endzone replays. You can't tell what is going on most of the time. Replays need to be shown from the side at a birds eye level. Also, when they show the ball spiraling through the air in super slow motion, let it play out all the way until the WR catches it and gets tackled or starts running. Most of the time the the replays stops RIGHT before the WR catches it.

Break tackle animations need to be sped up.

WR need to be able to get off the ball better, they get jammed far too easy, even good WR can get jammed by poor CBs way too easily.

Re-do OL/DL interaction (far too many things to name)

Defensive players need to use their hands more, especially LBs when encountering blockers.

Momentum and footplanting needs to be realistic, no more ice skating and stopping on a dime.

When DBs and WR go up for a ball especially if they are still running, most of the time they will fall to the ground. In Madden, DBs and WR stay on their feet far too often.

Defensive reaction time needs to be more realistic and human like. In Madden, defensive players almost react instantaneously, especially to passes when going for the ball. If you ever notice, if a pass is batted down, like 3 DBs will attempt to catch ball as it's falling to the ground in about 2 seconds.

There needs to be glare off of players helmets from the sun or lights.

This is just off the top of my head, I literally could go on and on and on.

I think anyone who watches real football would notice these things.

I think the biggest thing in order to get the little things addressed is just for them to spend time on polishing the existing features and gameplay. It seems like every other year we get a new tackling engine, new locomotion engine, etc.. EVERY new feature introduced NEVER gets touched the following year cause they keep scrapping things and adding new stuff.

Last edited by huskerwr38; 08-28-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »