Home

Madden 13 Vita discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Vita discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13 Vita discussion

If you liked the demo you'll love the full release. Most fun I've had with a football game on any console since NCAA 2004. I played the XBox version extensively for the three days of early release and find I much prefer the overall experience of the Vita version.

Slowdown at play calling and cut scenes is not terribly bad but still annoying. Strangely, it seems to be at its very worst when we get the long static shot of the stadium with the score overlay at the end of each quarter - I really doubt it's a problem with the Vita's processing power.

The gameplay on default settings and sliders seems perfect for my skills with pretty reasonable stats throughout, but of course YMMV...

Over all, solid release and I'm looking forward to a long franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Is there an option to turn off the tilt control kicking and just use the analog stick? Really didn't like being forced into using that on the demo.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #67
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Played two more games still loving this. And the most impressive thing is this is the first release. Just hope EA Sports keeps supporting Vita and keeps improving because this franchise has great potential on the Vita

Bcruise if you don't have answer from someone else I'll be playing again in about hour or so and I'll check. I would imagine there would be but I'll check for you unless someone already knows the answer.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Bcruise if you don't have answer from someone else I'll be playing again in about hour or so and I'll check. I would imagine there would be but I'll check for you unless someone already knows the answer.
Thanks, I appreciate you checking.

One more - how is the 2 minute AI? If it's based more on last year's game it's probably not as bad as console M13's is, right? (hopefully they patch that, but I digress...)
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #69
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Is there an option to turn off the tilt control kicking and just use the analog stick? Really didn't like being forced into using that on the demo.
I read a review on the vita madden somewhere and it said kicking was the only option you couldn't change.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #70
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Thanks, I appreciate you checking.

One more - how is the 2 minute AI? If it's based more on last year's game it's probably not as bad as console M13's is, right? (hopefully they patch that, but I digress...)
That I can answer now. I was playing first game in Franchise. The CPU was down 6 with 2:10 when they got the ball back with 2 timeouts on their own 20. They ran the ball which took it down to 2 minute warning. The next 5 plays were passes in which they used hurry up offense 2-3 times after completions (sorry forgot how many they completed). They did run a draw from my 35 and use their first timeout. They then threw two incomplete passes. And on 4th down I got an interceptions.

So overall I would say pretty good. The draws definately caught me off guard but they still has 1:15 or so on clock so I don't know why they called a timeout.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
That I can answer now. I was playing first game in Franchise. The CPU was down 6 with 2:10 when they got the ball back with 2 timeouts on their own 20. They ran the ball which took it down to 2 minute warning. The next 5 plays were passes in which they used hurry up offense 2-3 times after completions (sorry forgot how many they completed). They did run a draw from my 35 and use their first timeout. They then threw two incomplete passes. And on 4th down I got an interceptions.

So overall I would say pretty good. The draws definately caught me off guard but they still has 1:15 or so on clock so I don't know why they called a timeout.
Yeah the draw/timeout is a little concerning since that's exactly what the console does, but as long as it's passing more than it's running it's probably better than console.

I'm considering getting the Vita one for offline purposes while the console is all for OS Vets, but I would like to hear more about the AI if anyone else has impressions on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #72
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
You can download it if that's what you mean by digital but if your getting the Madden Bundle I believe there is a hard copy of the game inside. I hope that helps.
Thanks .. Where do you download? Do i buy through the online store from the Vita? I havent owned a portable console since Game Gear and Turbo Express.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »