Home

Yahoo review is on point...

This is a discussion on Yahoo review is on point... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Yahoo review is on point...

I love how people throw around the term "broken" now. Nothing about this game is, by any definition of the word, "broken".

Just be honest with yourselves, and the rest of us, and say "it doesn't work the way I want it to".

Lol... Broken...
Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood

I love how people throw around the term "broken" now. Nothing about this game is, by any definition of the word, "broken".

Just be honest with yourselves, and the rest of us, and say "it doesn't work the way I want it to".

Lol... Broken...
When things don't work the way the developers intended them to, there broken.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood

Lol... Broken...
Well, I would say that the CPU not kicking a game tying 30 yard field goal and instead letting time expire via a draw play... The AI is pretty much broken. That's like Football 101. Football games I played on the Commodore 64 over 25 years ago got that right. Is the whole game broken where it won't even load? Of course not... But come on... broken AI is broken AI.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
GiantBomb's review is also very good.

http://www.giantbomb.com/madden-nfl-...37754/reviews/
@ 15:58...what the hell is that!

Did they even run the ball once in this entire vid?

Last edited by MAzing87; 08-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

What have I missed? I'm aware of numerous bugs, like every year, but didn't know that offline franchise was completely inaccessible or without function. You can't access offline franchise because its broken? Waiting for clarification.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
What have I missed? I'm aware of numerous bugs, like every year, but didn't know that offline franchise was completely inaccessible or without function. You can't access offline franchise because its broken? Waiting for clarification.
There are a couple of preseason and substitution problems. Not a world ending crisis like some people want it to be.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
connected career offline is damaged not broken. it will be fixed.

its really unfortunate that these days most video games show up with so many issues, see diablo 3, see ufc undisputed 3(trying to go with different companies here) its turned into a problem.

once the patch is released and fixes the major issues with CCM, and AI(I have faith that this will happen) the game will be pretty darn awesome. its unfortunate, but hardly a situation that cannot be fixed.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Franchise was broken from the release in 12 From the Udfa system and computer ai to the transformer optimis prime wing shoulder pads, Brock lesnar sizes quarterbacks and Katy perry sized offensive linemen

We all waited for a patch and nothing came.

I keep hearing good things about the gameplay this year so hopefully I'm wrong and ea will take the issues more seriously than in the past. But until I see action I won't hope for it
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm an offline player only and I can understand the push to get people to play online with CCM, but I cannot get past the play calling. It's inexcusable and demonstrates complacency and laziness.
I don't believe complacency and laziness are demonstrated, but rather a level of passiveness on the single player experience. And to some degree, they are on the right track by focusing on online & connectivity features. That's the direction that gaming (among other forms of entertainment) is going.

But you can't just ignore the single player experience, and it sort of feels like that's what been happening (AI always opting to receive at coin tosses, timeouts called precisely at the same second for the past several years, etc).

I live in reality and recognize that online is the future -- even I'm venturing into an online league this year. But that's no justified reason to not make advances in AI when other sports games are still very much supporting this facet of their game(s) -- that, despite the increase in H2H popularity.

It's entirely TOO premature to be talking about M14 on M13 launch day, but going forward, right up there with OL/DL revamps and player movement HAS to be advances in AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »