Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #297
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
Is there a way to check stats around the league? Only have gotten a couple minutes in the mode since buying it today and couldn't find anything other than some player card thing that only included a couple "key" stats.

Was just wondering if I was missing something. I can deal with player editing and all that other who ha but I really enjoyed looking at stat comparisons between my players and other players around the league.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #298
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
Is there a way to check stats around the league? Only have gotten a couple minutes in the mode since buying it today and couldn't find anything other than some player card thing that only included a couple "key" stats.

Was just wondering if I was missing something. I can deal with player editing and all that other who ha but I really enjoyed looking at stat comparisons between my players and other players around the league.
You can check who's leading the league, but I don't think you can compare them side by side.

Go to the Main Menu where Personnel, etc is located and look for 'Statistics' I think its a star icon [I'm at work] and you can find Team and PLayer stats from the year.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #299
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

So I've just made it to the Super Bowl in my second year on a 9-7 record after coming back down 20-3 against the Ravens going into the 3rd. I ended up winning 31-27. I lost Wilkerson, Greene, and Mangold before the playoffs and simmed the wildcard and divisional games. How in God's name I'm winning these games is baffling to me. My offensive line is commanded by a rookie RG (84ovr) and Garrett McIntyre took over at LOLB for Bryan Thomas who was having a career best season 75taks, 7tfl, 5sacks, 2Ints, 2TDs, 1forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. He went down with an injury in the wildcard game. Now I have to Tebow my way to Super Bowl victory against the Eagles.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #300
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG

Go to statistics and change it from your team to nfl

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #301
Rookie

Chief275's Arena

OVR: 1

I started a CC as a QB, undrafted, and ended up going to the Falcons. Backup to Matt Ryan, and it's nearly impossible to gain XP. Pre-season and practice are the only ways to earn XP, and with practice, I have to practice 3 weeks to move ONE category up ONE point. I feel like that system is flawed. For example, if I was an 87 Throw Power, then yes moving to 88 should require some work. But moving up from 56 in Awareness shouldnt take 3 weeks to get to 57.

Also, in the practices, the super LB's/DB's seem to come out. I wish on deep routes the receivers would also jump for the ball instead of the DB making countless interceptions.

I understand that sometimes a backup QB is going to be on the bench for a few years, and I like the challenge of having to move someone from nobody to hall of famer, but doing practices for 5 seasons is just boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've noticed these issues too. My QB is for the Ravens and it takes me forever to complete a practice because of the suddenly amazing defenders. Once I complete a practice and hit all of my weekly goals in the preseason game, I still can't improve my player on anything except for stupid stats like stamina.

My biggest problem is the super defense. The defenders will jump the routes with ease and the receivers will watch them do it. I have yet to see a computer receiver fight for the ball (my guys fight if I control them).
Old 09-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #303
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Just started a Browns coach with Lombardi.

Lost week 1 vs PHI 16-10.

Key Stats-

Brandon Weeden: 18-29 172 yards. 1 INT.
Trent Richardson: 17 for 58 yards.
D'Qwell Jackson: 10 tackles. 1 sack.

Michael Vick: 10-13 109 Yards. 47 yards on 5 rushes. 1 TD.
LeSean McCoy: 21-94 yards.
Jason Babin: 5 tackles. 2 sacks. 1 FF.

What TE should I attempt to trade for? I'm using Lombardi's playbook and it's pretty sweet but there is a lot of TE pass plays. I was thinking Fred Davis or Anthont Hernandez but I need to get realistic. Do you think I could trade for Todd Heap, Jeremy Shockey, or maybe Chris Cooley?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 AM   #304
Banned

OVR: 11

In a shocking move, the 49ers parted ways with coach Jim Harbaugh who led San Francisco to a 13-3 appearance, and an NFC Championship appearance. Allen Murphy was named the new coach, as well as VP of football operations.

In his pre-season debut, Murphy's 49ers were impressive, defeating Minnesota 47-30, and completely dominating time of possession.

There were definate concerns, like a combined 5 interceptions between Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, but overall the offense was effective, particularly the ground game.

"I think like any other game, there were positives and negatives for our team. But we got the win so it's an overall good game." coach Murphy was quoted as saying after the game. Unfortunately, one of those negatives is the loss of rookie halfback LaMichael James who is expected to miss 6 weeks with a partial ACL tear. James was expected to see a significant role in Murphy's new scheme, and his absence will certainly be felt.

Fortunately, Kendall Hunter stepped up to fill the void, rushing 9 times for 71 yards. Brandon Jacobs also contributed with 48 yards and 2 TD's on 12 carries. Rookie wide receiver AJ Jenkins impressed 120 yards on 7 catches.

Next up, the 49ers travel to Houston to take on the Texans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »