Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #313
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
I did a CC with Leslie Frazier and the Vikings. I made a few smaller deals, acquiring Sean Spence to build at MLB and Dre Kirkpatrick from the Bengals for Geoff Schwartz and a 2nd round pick. So far I am 5-3 but I have lost my last 3 games, (last 2 in OT). Adrian leads the NFL in rushing yards by 100+ and carries by 25. And of course, Ponder leads in INTs. Loving this game so far. I am contemplating going after a young SS, any ideas?
Playing as the Bears, Major Wright is a nice player, very good vs. the run, and he's not likely to fetch a high asking price. He's a 77 OVR in my scheme, but will certainly reach the 80s. He de-cleats ball carriers regularly with his 94 hit power.

A better-rated player might be Kim Chancellor from SEA. He's a thumper too and should become quite good. He'll probably cost a little more, but I think he's a better player.

Tyvon Branch is a little older, but a very well-rounded player.

If you really want to go for it, TJ Ward is a monster. He just shows up all over the field and lays guys out. He's a vicious hitter and will become a dominant player at that position in the next year or two. He'll cost you a bit, though, I'd think.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #314
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

I just finished up my first season in career mode as a player (Gameface created SS for the Bolts).

I can easily say without a doubt that this is the most fun I've ever had playing Madden and it isn't even close.

Some memorable moments for me...

Going into my 6th game of my first season and I had 0 picks through 5 games till then, but I was leading my team in tackles. I really started getting the feel for playing defense and began to really patrol the field instead of attacking the LOS so often.

I went on a tear, ended up with 8 INT's by the end of season one. Two of them I took back to the house for TD's. Both of the pick 6's were amazing, they felt so damn satisfying. One went for 88 yards, the other was around 46 yards or so.

Ended up leading my team in tackles with around 116 or so and tied for team lead in picks. Won the defensive ROY and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

With all the XP I've earned through the season I added a few traits (Big Hitter, High Motor, & got consistency up to lvl 2). Raised my awareness, play recognition, & zone coverage as well.

Lead the team in punt returns as well, my longest being around 19 yards or so. I love not having to worry about or deal with team decisions, just going to play as best I can and make it a fun, long career.

By the end of my first season I got the achievement (360) for being an 85 overall. Don't remember what I started at, but it was somewhere around 80.

Last edited by Boltman; 09-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #315
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0

Really struggling to decide on a team for my coach CCM. I want a team around the middle but still good enough to get to a superbowl. I was thinking maybe Vikings or Chiefs? I'm pretty bad at all the strategy aspect of this game so if anyone could help that would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #316
Rookie

OVR: 3

Head Coach of the Browns. I traded Brandon Weeden and Colt Mccoy for Russell Wilson. (I know this trade may not be "realistic" but I like Russell better, and he was a later pick, so why not?). I then signed Trindon Holiday to develop and he is my slot receiver. We are 1-0 to start the season. Trindon Holiday had over 100 yards receiving, and Trent Richardson went off for over 150 yards. I think we will have a decent season.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #317
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurkz
Really struggling to decide on a team for my coach CCM. I want a team around the middle but still good enough to get to a superbowl. I was thinking maybe Vikings or Chiefs? I'm pretty bad at all the strategy aspect of this game so if anyone could help that would be great.
Go with the Chiefs or the Eagles. They both have all the pieces to win a Superbowl. They just need their quarterbacks to step up.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #318
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
Lost to the Falcons 42-38!! Gutted! They scored with 3 seconds left after Roddy white broke a tackle!!
Now playing the Giants where I am winning
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #319
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone else noticed guys out for the season that actually come back the next week? I placed one player on IR and he was active a week later and noticed the same with some CPU teams. On the new feed, Frank Gore was out for the year...now he's leading all RBs in the NFC in Pro Bowl voting.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #320
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFGcjs
Has anyone else noticed guys out for the season that actually come back the next week? I placed one player on IR and he was active a week later and noticed the same with some CPU teams. On the new feed, Frank Gore was out for the year...now he's leading all RBs in the NFC in Pro Bowl voting.
I keep reading about this glitch, but in my career Takeo Spikes tore something and he was definitely out for a couple of weeks so I dunno.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »