Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
With the Vikings I'm 10-2 with losses to the 49ers and Packers. Oakland has an identical record. I just signed Johnnt Knox to get some depth at WR and signed a FA CB but can't remember who.

Much to my horror Christian Ponder is being downright competent. He's very streaky and useless if it gets down to having to throw deep but for the short to medium passing game he's pretty good. I almost started Webb over him since I don't like Ponder but it seems to be working out. If I can get a couple good years and then fool some poor CPU team into thinking he is good I may flip him. Right now he's got around 3000 yards, 30 TDs, 15 INTs.

Peterson is tearing it up with 1300 rushing yards so far.

Kalil is progressing quickly and is going to be a monster.

Harvin has 4 KR TDs and about 10 receiving TDs.

Bowman the CB is a pleasant surprise with 5 INTs so far.

My rematch with GB will likely determine the NFC North but I'm pretty much assured at least a wildcard spot. I didn't have much trouble with the bears and when I played the Lions Stafford spent more time on his back than a Sophomore at prom, so that's promising for the future. Just need to figure out how to cover Jennings...
Suprise to see Oakland doing that well
And for covering Jennings, I would just go Cover 2 or Maybe Cover 3 adding to the Zonal defense to stop the Packers dominant pass threat.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Some impressive stats. Nice to see the Lions finally winning the Superbowl
Those aren't his stats, they are milestones available for XP in CC.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah, I mostly stayed in cover 2/3. The problem is that my CBs just aren't athletic enough to cover him in man defense but at the same time they're not very good at zone defense. An unfortunate case of Madden being accurate I'm afraid. Might just try a ball-control offense to keep them off the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #36
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
My bad, apologies.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Hopefully I can complete most though!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #38
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Hopefully I can complete most though!
How is your team coming along? You made any changes to it? I am interested about M. Stafford? Does he progress well and how is he playing for you.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #39
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I am coaching the ravens. Got early release via season ticket. Had 3 losses in the season; but first, signed terell Owens and ramses barden in free agency to improve my receiver depth. I cut Jacoby Jones and Curtis painter to make cap room. Wound up being the league's number one offense. Joe flacco broke drew brees' single season passing yards record and ray rice broke the single season rushing yard record with 2100 yards. Rice also broke the single season rushing td record. Ramses barden had a 1000 yard plus receiving yards year proving to be a great deep threat. 13-3 regular season record. Heading into the divisional playoffs against Houston Texans at my home stadium. Texans signed plaxico burress in the preseason. As the playoffs began, the bengals fired Marvin Lewis for a 6-10 year. Lovie smith was also fired from the Chicago bears. I resigned all of my contract year players except ed Dickson, my pro bowl tight end. He declined my contact offer. I hope I can either resign him or franchise tag him before free agency. I won't be able to get madden 13 until tonight so I will be updating this thread once I complete the off-season.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #40
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I am coaching the ravens. Got early release via season ticket. Had 3 losses in the season; but first, signed terell Owens and ramses barden in free agency to improve my receiver depth. I cut Jacoby Jones and Curtis painter to make cap room. Wound up being the league's number one offense. Joe flacco broke drew brees' single season passing yards record and ray rice broke the single season rushing yard record with 2100 yards. Rice also broke the single season rushing td record. Ramses barden had a 1000 yard plus receiving yards year proving to be a great deep threat. 13-3 regular season record. Heading into the divisional playoffs against Houston Texans at my home stadium. Texans signed plaxico burress in the preseason. As the playoffs began, the bengals fired Marvin Lewis for a 6-10 year. Lovie smith was also fired from the Chicago bears. I resigned all of my contract year players except ed Dickson, my pro bowl tight end. He declined my contact offer. I hope I can either resign him or franchise tag him before free agency. I won't be able to get madden 13 until tonight so I will be updating this thread once I complete the off-season.
Enjoyed reading that! Congrats on breaking D. Brees single season passing record. And I will definitely check back for you update, looking forward to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »