Home

Secret to enjoying Madden 13

This is a discussion on Secret to enjoying Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Secret to enjoying Madden 13

Oh my goodness...
Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Well I can't quite remember the last time I posted in the Madden boards here. But it's been a while. I was one that never cared for the whole online play. It's been 3 years since I played another player online (due to pairing up with players that play going for it on 4th down, not really simulating like the real game). That said, one thing I had always wanted was to create my own player and develop him to be one of the best in the NFL right now. It was fun for me. So in comes M13. I haven't tried the demo (because I forgot it was available and I've been so busy) but the whole CCM mode sparked my interest. So now that the game is out, I'm just reading a lot of the threads made, to determine if I get the game today or not. I'll just keep reading.

So far I like most of what have been said about CCM and being able to create a player or use an existing one. Iteach, it sounds like you're enjoying the game and I am with you in that I find it fun to be able to compile stats, watch your player progress and have fun. I was big on Superstar mode when I was into Madden.
I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I have not done CCM with a player yet. I know I will at some point. I really am waiting to do much in CCM until they get a patch for the sliders. Supposedly online CCM sliders work just fine, but when I went to start on online CCM the severs went down. oh well. I really say the game is worth the money. I have no doubt that EA will patch the slider issue and I am hopeful they will patch the duplicate number issue in CCM. There is supposed to be a patch out around Sept 11th, so we will see what they patch. Like you I have never been into online play. I can't ever seem to play against people who really play sim and I will not play with people who exploit the system just to win.
Good luck with your decision about the game.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Unlike these other guys here, OP, I appreciate you sharing this with us. I unfortunately do not have the time nor patience to do all of that stuff that you're talking about doing. Don't worry about what these other guys are saying. I'm sure somebody will read that and be like that's a pretty good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Smfh. And that there gentlemen is the type of consumer we are supposed to be?

So I should go back to the way I had to play 20 yrs ago?!?!

Get real fanboy
Apparently you did not read the part about being respectful. In any case, if you do not like my suggestion, do not use it. It is simply a suggestion that some people might be interested in. If they are not, oh well, that is fine too. I enjoy creating rosters and I think I can put together a better franchise experience for what I want with those rosters. So it works for me. What you and some others fail to realize is that the game, or any game, is not going to make everyone happy. It cannot be everything to everyone. The design team decided to go in a different direction this year with CCM. They decided to, for what ever reason, leave some features out this year. You have to decide for yourself if you want to play the game or not. If you do not want to play the game, fine, make your voice heard to the developers that you do not like the direction of the game or whatever. I would suggest you do so in a logical, coherent, respectful manner as they are much more likely to listen to that than a rant about how bad they destroyed the game and what not. Not saying you have done that because I have no idea, but I know many have taken that route.
Anyway, enjoy life!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I used to do this 20 years ago also with Nintendo and Genesis Football Games. I am not inclined to do this again. I appreciate your ideas, but it is ridiculous that we'd have to go through the lengths described to try to enjoy what Madden (and most other football games) have done for years.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Unlike these other guys here, OP, I appreciate you sharing this with us. I unfortunately do not have the time nor patience to do all of that stuff that you're talking about doing. Don't worry about what these other guys are saying. I'm sure somebody will read that and be like that's a pretty good idea.
Thanks! I just get tired of reading the constant negative posts and random complaining. So I figured I would try to be helpful and positive for a change. What really shocks me is the way people bash each other on these forums. What ever happened to civility and respect?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

As respectfully as I can put this.

This hasn't been necessary since I learned how to drive a car....it shouldn't be necessary now that I own a house.

It shouldn't be necessary since it wasn't necessary last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I used to do this 20 years ago also with Nintendo and Genesis Football Games. I am not inclined to do this again. I appreciate your ideas, but it is ridiculous that we'd have to go through the lengths described to try to enjoy what Madden (and most other football games) have done for years.
I did this back then too. I understand where you are coming from, but really I have more fun doing it my way than using the poor draft classes, bad trade logic ect that is included within most video games. Even the coveted 2K5 was not very good with its draft classes and such.
I understand it is a lot of work, but the neat thing is you can take it as far as you want. If you do not want to keep stats, you do not have to. You can play the way you want to play, not the way EA thinks you should play.

Thanks for the respectful reply.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »