Home

I can't believe I finally did it

This is a discussion on I can't believe I finally did it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I can\'t believe I finally did it

With all the ramped up offense in this year's Madden, shutting out the CPU seemed like only a dream. Well, my team is really on fire this year for some reason. I haven't adjusted any sliders to make things easier for me or anything. I'm thinking that maybe I'm learning to play the game better. OR could it be my new coaching staff of Head Coach (Herm Edwards), Off Coord (Jerry Rice), Def Coord (Junior Seau) and SP Coach (Henry Ellard)?

At any rate, I beat the Vikings 55-0. Last year I never even shut out a computer team for a half & lost a devastating blowout loss to the Packers in the playoffs. This year, my defense is on fire. I think the most telling win was a victory over Seattle. My 49ers fell behind 21-3 in the 2nd qtr because I was making ill-advised throws. Well I got a late TD right before the half & shut out the 'Hawks in the 2nd half to comeback for a 24-21 win. I'm now in the playoffs & just beat the Giants 45-7 in the divisional round. They got their 7 on an interception return so really that's shut-out #2. Has anyone else seen their OFF or DEF improve after hiring new coaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2003, 08:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I can\'t believe I finally did it

& the defensive slaughter continues...my team went on to win the superbowl 52-14 over the Bills. I think it has everything to do with Rice & Seau. Seau was just stolen from me by the chiefs to be their Head Coach, so who did I hire? Deion Sanders as my new DEF COORD. Well, my tackling will stink this year...LOL
Old 10-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I can\'t believe I finally did it

Maybe you should up the difficulty level or atleast tone down the defensive sliders a little. I'm in my seventh season and have had a top ten passing defense the last 4 years. I don't care if the computer runs on me for yards but my goal in every game is to keep the CPU quarterbacks under 150 yards. I've had some shutouts but nothing big like 55-0, most of the games are fairly close. I average about 17.3 ppg while giving up 8.5. Gotta love the defense...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »