Home

The $64,000 Question

This is a discussion on The $64,000 Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: The $64,000 Question

I just don't get any of this...This is the best playing football game put out by anyone so far due to IE alone. Why would you NOT buy it? Play NCAA with inferior canned animations? Play Madden 12 with the same?
How can playing this be worse than the other two options??
Whatever...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5

Until the patch the game is going to have some big issues...

However... even with those issues, it's a much much better game than NCAA 13. I've already traded my copy of NCAA in. (Had the pre-release version of Madden and played it a bunch)
5 Teams Still Available For Madden 2013
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
I just don't get any of this...This is the best playing football game put out by anyone so far due to IE alone. Why would you NOT buy it? Play NCAA with inferior canned animations? Play Madden 12 with the same?
Whatever...
Well, I have very limited experience with the game... as I stated in my original reply... But I think I laid out why this could be worse. If the single player game is buggy and the CPU is doing ridiculous things, like playing a 3rd string QB over a stud starter... or letting the clock expire with out even attempting a game tying FG while in range... Well, those could be deal breakers for some people. Madden 12 or NCAA could very well give those people a better overall football experience.

That said, I agree that the new physics engine is a HUGE step in the right direction... and I am willing to forgive any wonky results because it really does bring a lot to the table... even if it isn't fully up to speed yet. I absolutely LOVED the three head-to-head Play Now games, but I could see the product being a bummer for folks that play primarily against the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Whatever...
Because we are shelling out 60 dollars for a unfinished product sir!!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmark
OK guys....I have played the demo, I have read too many threads to count, and now I just want your opinion. I have $60 to spend, I am getting ONE football game tomorrow. Given all we are learning about Madden and all we already know about NCAA---which should I buy? NCAA College football or Madden NFL football???? Please and thanks for your input!
My advice is save your $60 bucks, get it exchanged for all single dollar bills, go to a shady part of town, and have some fun. Maybe then your Madden experience will be worth it!

That's what I would do anyway until they bring back player editing.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
nWo
Rookie

I generally enjoy NCAA more then Madden but I like Madden for this year more. NCAA 13, in the couple of games I played of it, seems stale to me. Madden seems like it could be more fun for longer than NCAA this year.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

I've been an NCAA guy for many years but they ruined it with their 2nd patch and the no huddle bug. It's a complete mess and unplayable if you like any team that runs the no huddle.

Madden 13 is absolutely the way to go this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

NCAA gets bored pretty quick, but I always go back because I love the college game. After Madden reviews, might be waiting until the 1st patch or mid September.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »