Home

The $64,000 Question

This is a discussion on The $64,000 Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The $64,000 Question

OK guys....I have played the demo, I have read too many threads to count, and now I just want your opinion. I have $60 to spend, I am getting ONE football game tomorrow. Given all we are learning about Madden and all we already know about NCAA---which should I buy? NCAA College football or Madden NFL football???? Please and thanks for your input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The $64,000 Question

I have not played NCAA 13, so let me get that out of the way quickly... Also, I don't own Madden 13 yet, just played three Play Now games with a buddy last night. So... consider my opinion accordingly.

That said, this version of Madden while playing against another human in the same room on the same console was the most fun I've had with a football video game in this current generation of consoles. If you play primarily against the CPU, which I normally do, reading up on the game has made me decide to hold off on a purchase until I get specifics on the first patch. So my recommendation comes down to how you play the game... If you primarily play against human opponents, I do not think this version will disappoint compared to everything else EA has released for 360/PS3. If you primarily play against the CPU, then you might want to hold off for now.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Banned

Excellent point.....I do normally play against the CPU....maybe a wait and see......
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Banned

BTW---thanks for your input!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

just bought it a few hours ago. Have played a handful of quick games against the CPU.
Overall its not bad at all. So Far better than 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I have not played NCAA 13, so let me get that out of the way quickly... Also, I don't own Madden 13 yet, just played three Play Now games with a buddy last night. So... consider my opinion accordingly.

That said, this version of Madden while playing against another human in the same room on the same console was the most fun I've had with a football video game in this current generation of consoles. If you play primarily against the CPU, which I normally do, reading up on the game has made me decide to hold off on a purchase until I get specifics on the first patch. So my recommendation comes down to how you play the game... If you primarily play against human opponents, I do not think this version will disappoint compared to everything else EA has released for 360/PS3. If you primarily play against the CPU, then you might want to hold off for now.
I pretty much concur with this. I got hte game at midnight last night and have played 5 games so far, 2 against human and 3 against cpu. So far I have enjoyed the human games much more than the cpu games.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Just talked to my buddy who bought the game last night... He took the day off work just to get a day in with his franchise, or connected career as they call it now. He's pretty frustrated with the whole thing and stated that it's going to be a human-vs-human game for him until the patch. He's seen the odd CPU depth chart issues and the wonky play calling things that have been mentioned around here quite often... For example, the CPU did not attempt to tie with a FG at the end of the game... just ran regular plays until time expired. So I am definitely sitting this one out until I see what they are tackling in the first patch. Of course, I am looking forward to visiting him over the weekend to play some more head to head.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

This is coming from a lifelong NCAA fan who has put 8 seasons into NCAA 13 and loves it: Madden. I've been playing on season ticket and it's just such a better football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »