Home

Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Careers vs Franchise Mode?

One step forward, 10 steps back. EA Sports, it's in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #26
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

If you can't control all 32 teams, can you at least play any games for other teams? or can you only play games from the team you are controlling?

Also, I know you can't use custom rosters but can you use EA's Roster Updates?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Is this a joke? Connected Careers blows Franchise mode away!!!!!!!!
Just because it's new doesn't make it better.

I'm a bit disappointed with it so far. I don't really care for the storylines or a twitter wall. Nothing so far has made up for the lack of editing with teams and players. I can't even change my own players positions which was an unpleasant surprise since I thought it was only other teams you couldn't do any editing to at all.

Simply put, they could have waited another year to truly complete this unfinished mode and just got rid of the UDFAs from last years franchise while still working on this CCM. I seriously doubt they're gonna give us every we want all in patches this year.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Is this a joke? Connected Careers blows Franchise mode away!!!!!!!!
Strongly disagree.

Pro:
Twitter feeds
CPU initiated trades
Legacy score

Con:
No player editing
No team relocation
Twitter feeds often have incorrect information
XP based progression

Connected Careers does a couple minor things better, but hardly "blows franchise away"
Old 08-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #29
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBrasky
Well for one you cannot have control of multiple teams, so you cannot do multi player CCM in offline mode. Another thing I noticed is that you cannot edit players in CCM. I started a CCM coach with the Colts and I prefer to run a 4-3 on defense. The Colts will be running a 3-4 this year so D. Freeny and R. Mathis are listed as OLB in this years game and you cannot change them to DE. Also in franchise mode you would hire/fire coaches which I assume is missing from CCM. I personally would rather play the game from the GM or owner perspective than the coach. I just got the game today so I'm not sure about all the things missing from franchise mode yet.
Um... So why don't u edit the rosters before u start ur CCM and they load it rosters because u can edit players before entering it CCM.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Um... So why don't u edit the rosters before u start ur CCM and they load it rosters because u can edit players before entering it CCM.

can only start a ccm with the default roster or one of the ea updated rosters.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #31
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
So there is no way of uploading ur edit roster at all?

N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bought it today and then returned it about an hour later.
I knew that EA removed the ability to edit players during dynasty mode, and I knew that EA removed the ability to control more than one team. But something inside me just wanted to still give it a chance. What a disappointment.

You can't even edit teams prior to staring a dynasty and then use those rosters to start your career. Heck, Chad Johnson was still named Chad Ochocinco and was still on the Dolphins! The most important thing to me in any Madden game, year after year, is trying to make my franchinse mimic real life as much as possible. For example, Alfred Morris is tearing it up this preseason for the Redskins and will likely begin the season as the 'Skins starting HB. In Madden 2013 he is rated a 57 overall and is buried as the 4th HB on the depth chart. You can't even edit up his ratings to get him higher on the depth chart.
Also, in my Connected Careers dynasty, after week 2 of the preseason, the Vikings signed Donovan McNabb off the free agent list (yeah, the Vikings trying McNabb again ), and he quickly replaced Christian Ponder as the starting QB to begin the season. This would NEVER happen in the real NFL, and I don't want it to happen in the game!

If it's in the game my butt......

Come on EA. In offline franchise mode, let users control all 32 teams, and let us edit players as we see fit. Connected Careers may be fun for some players, but for any of us HARDCORE NFL fans who want a realistic experience, GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OF CONNECTED CAREERS and play a regular franchise mode.

Ok, the gameplay may be a bit better than last year, but if the sacrifice for better gameplay is having to have unrealistic rosters, players, and depth charts, then I'll pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »