Home

Are the devs the fall guys???

This is a discussion on Are the devs the fall guys??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the devs the fall guys???

Doesn't he look like he's up to something?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Peter, we don't want any MOORE of your online vision!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
I think EA Sports plan for Madden with this 3 year plan is to not change direction or be completely reactive. They should have a three year set plan that doesn't reset completely every three years. What I am talking about is the method of always knowing what you are building on and how it fits within the high-level plans for the future. This method will give them the ability to go from making good games to being an industry leader for the future.
Exactly this. I've been saying Madden's been far too inconsistent as a series for many years now. FIFA and NHL have been almost the exact opposite as far as I'm concerned --- despite certain fans saying they "don't change enough", looking back, those series made beneficial under-the-hood changes instead of rewriting the book every year. I think Madden should take a more consistent approach and improve the positive points of their games before completely throwing them out the window and using buzzwords to vouch for said feature's "new-ness".

13 seems like a good starting point for future iterations. My only hope is Cam Weber does well enough to keep each sector of the Madden fanbase happy as well as his bosses and higher-ups in Redwood City.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Another reason why I think devs are the fall guys to Peter Moore:

from Dan Bekins, developer for Madden answering a question about where the franchise mode is and if it's going to be addressed:

Quote:
I can't promise anything about patches (above my pay grade), but I assure you the forum feedback is being taken seriously and we have an active list of priorities for upcoming patches. Same thing for Madden 14.
"Pay Grade". Hm....interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »