Home

The official "I need help manually passing" thread

This is a discussion on The official "I need help manually passing" thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #41
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The official "I need help manually passing" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I'm tired of throwing 3 interceptions a game because the defender makes a beeline right to the ball as soon as it's thrown while my receiver continues to run his route, usually even offering to move aside for the defender.
I've noticed the same problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #42
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonskeezay
When you throw use total control passing and lead your receiver away from defenders/into open space
I've had the same problem as the author of this thread has been having. The question is HOW to use the total control passing effectively? Do you pull the left stick in the direction the receiver is going, or in the direction you WANT him to go? The biggest problem throws for me are deep ins and post routes. I'll try to lob it because the receiver is behind the defender, but should I just tap on the button or hold the left stick up? What if I'm throwing a fade route and I want a big receiver to "go up and get it?" Should I push the stick up to lead them?

In other words, I get the whole concept of leading a receiver left, right, and slant-ways, but the problem is how to use the left stick - what about streaks, comebacks, and slants? Should I lob or bullet? What direction do I need to hold the stick in?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #43
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

My advice is to play on a really easy difficulty, and take the advice you've gotten o far and use it on said difficulty. If you go in there on All-Pro default sliders, you'll have difficulty if you've never beena good passer. It will be difficult to learn because the gap in skill would be too great. Play an easy difficulty until you get confortable. Then increase sliders gradually. Then go to a higher difficulty. It should be more effective/fun to improve that way.

Personally, I've never been good at looking at the pass rush. I pretty much watch downfield 100% of the time. But its still effective if you run a Patriots offense, where you throw lots of screens and short passes to ensure the ball gets out quickly.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
As of today I'll be starting a franchise in 12. Though I've improved some at passing, I just prefer my guys play to their ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #45
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
As of today I'll be starting a franchise in 12. Though I've improved some at passing, I just prefer my guys play to their ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally find the sliders to be terribly broken so I'm done with this game unless there's a patch.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #46
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
I've had the same problem as the author of this thread has been having. The question is HOW to use the total control passing effectively? Do you pull the left stick in the direction the receiver is going, or in the direction you WANT him to go? The biggest problem throws for me are deep ins and post routes. I'll try to lob it because the receiver is behind the defender, but should I just tap on the button or hold the left stick up? What if I'm throwing a fade route and I want a big receiver to "go up and get it?" Should I push the stick up to lead them?

In other words, I get the whole concept of leading a receiver left, right, and slant-ways, but the problem is how to use the left stick - what about streaks, comebacks, and slants? Should I lob or bullet? What direction do I need to hold the stick in?
As far as total control passing goes, you want to throw the ball to "open grass", an area of open field near the completion of his route that he can get to. It's never in any set specific direction, but to a spot where only your receiver can make a play on the ball. Every play is different depending on how the DB is playing his man.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

My main advice would be to focus on a couple of receivers. Pre determine which routes you like on the play and which people you feel confident in throwing too. If you have 4-5 receivers I usually focus on two. Snap, check first route, check 2nd route. If neither are open, look to scramble, or get out of the pocket and throw away.

Main thing; Do not force it, or just throw to someone blind because of pressure. Take the sack if you can't avoid it.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #48
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd also recommend reading up on popular pass concepts such as smash, flood, dagger, hi-lo, etc. and learn how they work so you know how to attack a defense with them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »