Home

It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later

This is a discussion on It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later

I respect the heck outta that guy for giving me a clear answer. I rented the game from blockbuster today and with the exception of no coach mode and the other ccm issues, it's a good game. Since I'm strictly a coach moder it's not the game for me this year, but NCAA 13 is good for coach mode IMO. I'm sure EA will be fine without my $ this year, but hopefully they put a true coach mode back in next year (not just auto pass, because auto pass speeds the game up and messes up gameplay) because I love the NFL.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

How hard is it to give us coach mode, as in ncaa 13.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #35
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
How hard is it to give us coach mode, as in ncaa 13.
Unlike the NCAA crew, they rather leave it out because the gameplay isnt suitable for the mode.

-Juke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Unlike the NCAA crew, they rather leave it out because the gameplay isnt suitable for the mode.

-Juke
It's just that this reasoning doesn't make sense to me. Those that do not want to use it, can have it off and never notice a thing. Those of us who like it, even if it is not perfect gameplay on the field, can turn it on. Where is the harm there?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
It's just that this reasoning doesn't make sense to me. Those that do not want to use it, can have it off and never notice a thing. Those of us who like it, even if it is not perfect gameplay on the field, can turn it on. Where is the harm there?
because like everything else, the people that use it would complain about it not being good. maybe they bring it back next year and it sucks. do you think people would just say at least we have coach mode this year or would you and others say how bad and unplayable it is?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
because like everything else, the people that use it would complain about it not being good. maybe they bring it back next year and it sucks. do you think people would just say at least we have coach mode this year or would you and others say how bad and unplayable it is?
Fair enough, but the coach mode in the play now mode looked like it always had. I got the impression from reading the thread that they have never been happy coach mode in general. I, however, have been. And those of us who do play it have also been perfectly pleased with it.

This I will grant you: If, for some reason, coach mode is somehow different in play now mode than it is in CCM then they could have a point. If it is completely broken and doesn't work at all, then of course I wouldn't want it in. What I have trouble getting my head around is how it can be so incredibly different than play now coach mode. Which works perfectly well.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Oh well, it saves me $60 this year since i returned it unopened, and from what i have been told by sales person at GS i am 5th one this AM.

With all the restrictions and stripped down features in offline(i could care less about online), it was just not worth for me.Same next year , no coach mode , no purchase...

Luckily, i came here before i have opened the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

No coach mode for ccm (franchise mode) = no purchase

Sad to see it not there , but glad I know before I buy it and saved the $60.

Here's to hoping it's in next years game.

How was last years game for coach mode?

The reason I ask, is that I just bought the PS a few months ago for MLB The Show,
and I know there were problems with the roster managment of the Madden 12 from last years game on the xbox360 and PS3,

but what other problems were there, specifically for coach mode?

Last edited by The_Beastmaster; 08-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »