Home

It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later

This is a discussion on It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #49
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: It's Official: Coach Mode in CCM will NOT be patched in later

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Not totally dead yet....at least there is hope. I received this reply when I asked about coach mode and broadcast cam.

DanBekinsEA

To:

tosa2929

Date:

08/29/2012 22:45:16

Subject:

Re:coach mode

Thanks for the feedback. You're not the only person asking for this, and we're taking all suggestions into account during our patch planning. There won't be any official announcements about patches for a few weeks when we can finalize the work.

Dan

If they can't give us a real coach-mode ask him to throw us a bone and at least enable the 'Auto-Throw' feature inside of CCM.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
If they can't give us a real coach-mode ask him to throw us a bone and at least enable the 'Auto-Throw' feature inside of CCM.
Auto throw is the only thing missing from the coach mode as it is. Defenses still play without the player interacting. Same with the run game. It's just auto throw that has been disabled.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
I respect their reasoning for not including it, if its the true reason, because it shows a desire to give the customer/consumer the best product they can.
No it doesn't.

Their reason is that they wanna "get it right", but nearly everything in the game is broken, meaning they removed removed removed and still didn't "get it right" with what they did add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #52
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Auto throw is the only thing missing from the coach mode as it is. Defenses still play without the player interacting. Same with the run game. It's just auto throw that has been disabled.

Well...with 'Auto-Throw' alone, you still have to take control of the field-goal attempts and kick-offs; I don't have Madden'13, but this was the case with past Madden titles that I've owned. A real coach-mode doesn't require the user to control any of the gameplay.

But I can live with that...so here's hoping they can figure out a way to turn-on 'Auto-Throw' for CCM.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #53
Rookie

RockWise's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought cpu vs cpu was not possible on Madden 13 but I see people tweeting about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWise
I thought cpu vs cpu was not possible on Madden 13 but I see people tweeting about it.
its available in play now just like auto-throw.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #55
Rookie

RockWise's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
its available in play now just like auto-throw.
Wow......Nice EA......smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #56
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

In order to get my coach mode fix,I’ve decided to start playing defense only and Super-Simming the offense. If you don’t move the player after the snap you end up kindof in a coach mode type situation. You can also make all of the coverage and movement calls pre snap. The AI will move you after the snap and make all of the plays. Once we have a change of possession I hit pause and Super-Sim to the next possession. It’s not the best solution, but it does let me role play as the defensive coordinator.

Now to finish off with a semi-rant.

I still don’t understand why we don’t have the coach mode from the previous iterations available in CCM. It is still a playable option in play now games and it works pretty well. I heard the reasoning that it is not “good enough” for inclusion in CCM, but it is not only included but also featured in NCAA for the last 2 seasons. They actually have “coach only” as an option at the team select screen. I can understand how player editing could break storylines, but how can coach mode? Oh well…

Last edited by Maizpan; 08-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »